Veg+bloom Constant Mag Deficiency

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

hey guys i use veg+bloom RO nutes by hydroponic research and it seem like no matter what i have a magnesium deficiency, 11 of 12 plants have (all except critical+ 2.0 in a dwc bucket) it. i been feeding like 1.1-1.2 e.c in flower at 5.9 is this too weak for these nutes? i would just add cal mag but ive read that will throw everything off because v/b has plenty magnesium in it already. im going to try raising the ph in flower to 6.2 even though my vegging plants are at 6.2 and having the same problem. could i have got a bad batch of the v/b with little magnesium?

iKharon

iKharon

hey guys i use veg+bloom RO nutes by hydroponic research and it seem like no matter what i have a magnesium deficiency, 11 of 12 plants have (all except critical+ 2.0 in a dwc bucket) it. i been feeding like 1.1-1.2 e.c in flower at 5.9 is this too weak for these nutes? i would just add cal mag but ive read that will throw everything off because v/b has plenty magnesium in it already. im going to try raising the ph in flower to 6.2 even though my vegging plants are at 6.2 and having the same problem. could i have got a bad batch of the v/b with little magnesium?

5.9 sounds a scosh low to me.. maybe it's not mag... try a calcium phosphate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never grown in hydroton, I'd have to talk to my dad or son about what the best pH range is for that. But, if you believe you're seeing a -Mg, try the foliar application to determine for sure whether or not it's Mg that's the issue here.

1/4tsp Epsom salt in 1 gallon water + drops liquid soap (or something to act as sticker-spreader). Apply to undersides of foliage, best first thing in a.m. but anytime this should work. IF it's Mg, the plant should green up within a few hours. If it isn't, give us pix. That Veg+Bloom has been highly recommended to me by folks I trust, so it'd be nice to see it working well for everyone.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I've never grown in hydroton, I'd have to talk to my dad or son about what the best pH range is for that. But, if you believe you're seeing a -Mg, try the foliar application to determine for sure whether or not it's Mg that's the issue here.

1/4tsp Epsom salt in 1 gallon water + drops liquid soap (or something to act as sticker-spreader). Apply to undersides of foliage, best first thing in a.m. but anytime this should work. IF it's Mg, the plant should green up within a few hours. If it isn't, give us pix. That Veg+Bloom has been highly recommended to me by folks I trust, so it'd be nice to see it working well for everyone.
alright thats a great idea, thank you. luckily i have eposom already so im going to spray them in 20min and get back with the results tonight. I forgot magnesium is mobile so you can actually see the difference in a quick amount of time and dont 8 week strains in flower use the most mag in weeks like 5-6? like arent those the weeks you have to supplement with calmag almost no matter what? i have plant approaching week 5 and this is my first time flowering so i want to be prepared

beachtown77

beachtown77

I love VB but yes I saw deficiencies. I add 2 ml per gallon of GH Cal/Mag every watering in Veg and first couple weeks flowering. I will switch it up and give 1 ml then 2ml twice a week. All depending on how plants appear. Also you have to add Cal/mag before all other nutes. I also use RO water

beachtown77

beachtown77

Deficiencies I noticed were my stems turned purple and I had leaf curling or edges curled. Would also see rust colored spotting on leaves. Immediately after adding Cal/Mag problems went away within days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom