Veg/Bloom switch or Full Spectrum light?

• Thread starter ArrEll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Today viparspectra changed their graph for the p series so maybe it's just as good? I don't know why they changed it but it looks a lot better than it did before.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with everyone here all these options will work.. however the quality is much different. If I had to chose i would go with the hlg 225w and here is why.

Great warranty, probably the most efficient, you can run it at 80% as we really should with all led especially when they are using underrated heat sinks (which this hlg is not... its has a great heatsink)

I avoid all forced cooling lights as they are typically much less efficient and put off more heat with more things to go wrong that usually do.

With the hlg warranty, quality and being able to be run always at 80% or less while providing as much light as the plants will be able to handle is why I consider it the best option.

With the 90w boars they need to be run pretty much full out in a 2x2 and even then with proper light spread they may fall a little short on light.

You can mix match etc. Keep what ya got or add to it and it will all work but if looking to get a solid upgrade with a 3 yr. USA warranty and more than enough light and quality that should last then the HLG would be my pick here.

Of course all options would work and when looking for an led I look for efficacy because that's how much light I get per watt and 2.0 would be the least I would go. Then 30-35w per sq ft. This will allow some wiggle room so it does not need to be run at 100% during flower. Also a dimmer is a must for me.

Just my opinion.

ArrEll

ArrEll

The light the op linked is a 90 watt board. It will work fine for a 2x2 space with no added co2. If a 2x4 space need 2. Etc. it is not necessary to buy a different light.
MIMedgrower: Do you think my current grow would flower OK with my current (Bloom Plus BP1000) light, or should I move up my Plan to buy a better light? (I'm still using my 2x2x4 foot tent). Do you think it has enough Red and not too much Blue light?

I will definitely be getting a better light for my next grow. I'm 25 days into this one. I would like to finish the current grow without finding out I've got "larfy" buds lol....(I looked up "larfy"...it's really a word!).

Thank you all so much, for the help. 🙂

ArrEll

ArrEll

I agree with everyone here all these options will work.. however the quality is much different. If I had to chose i would go with the hlg 225w and here is why.

Great warranty, probably the most efficient, you can run it at 80% as we really should with all led especially when they are using underrated heat sinks (which this hlg is not... its has a great heatsink)

I avoid all forced cooling lights as they are typically much less efficient and put off more heat with more things to go wrong that usually do.

With the hlg warranty, quality and being able to be run always at 80% or less while providing as much light as the plants will be able to handle is why I consider it the best option.

With the 90w boars they need to be run pretty much full out in a 2x2 and even then with proper light spread they may fall a little short on light.

You can mix match etc. Keep what ya got or add to it and it will all work but if looking to get a solid upgrade with a 3 yr. USA warranty and more than enough light and quality that should last then the HLG would be my pick here.

Of course all options would work and when looking for an led I look for efficacy because that's how much light I get per watt and 2.0 would be the least I would go. Then 30-35w per sq ft. This will allow some wiggle room so it does not need to be run at 100% during flower. Also a dimmer is a must for me.

Just my opinion.
The HLG certainly looks good, and I like the idea that it's made in USA. I'll have to consider.....I may decide that it's a bit too big, for my new tent (next Grow). The actual measurements are: 28 inches x 28 inches x 63 inches. That's about all the Grow space I'm going to have, in this condo.

Thx again....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIMedgrower: Do you think my current grow would flower OK with my current (Bloom Plus BP1000) light, or should I move up my Plan to buy a better light? (I'm still using my 2x2x4 foot tent). Do you think it has enough Red and not too much Blue light?

I will definitely be getting a better light for my next grow. I'm 25 days into this one. I would like to finish the current grow without finding out I've got "larfy" buds lol....(I looked up "larfy"...it's really a word!).

Thank you all so much, for the help. 🙂

I think until a grower is experienced enough to grow plants to good potential the difference in light spectrum and quality doesnt matter much as long as the lamp properly covers the grow space.

lots of reasons cause larfy buds. But mostly heat and or bad nutrition.

ArrEll

ArrEll

I think until a grower is experienced enough to grow plants to good potential the difference in light spectrum and quality doesnt matter much as long as the lamp properly covers the grow space.

lots of reasons cause larfy buds. But mostly heat and or bad nutrition.
I made so many mistakes on my first Grow, I can't count them. Miracle-Gro soil, a CHEAP light, no LST training, tried to grow 3 plants in a space fit for one, etc. ..... I am Learning. Figured I'd pick brains here, for the best choice of lights, to start with. I thank you all, for your feedback. It will help me to do better.

Fox Farm soil has proven to be a HUGE improvement....

"Life is a gradual release from Ignorance...." [Hunter Thompson]

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I made so many mistakes on my first Grow, I can't count them. Miracle-Gro soil, a CHEAP light, no LST training, tried to grow 3 plants in a space fit for one, etc. ..... I am Learning. Figured I'd pick brains here, for the best choice of lights, to start with. I thank you all, for your feedback. It will help me to do better.

Fox Farm soil has proven to be a HUGE improvement....

"Life is a gradual release from Ignorance...." [Hunter Thompson]

Well im learning about led lights too. Im still using my old hps and t-5 flourescents. The price to light up 4x4 spaces is rediculously high for lighting in my opinion.

Top Bottom