Veg+bloom With Osa28?

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

anyone tried them both in conjunction? i asked vegbloom what they think of silica and they said "Our products are complete and really have no need for additives" i do flood and drain so id have to use their hydro formula but i really want to know if the osa can help thicken the stems/clones on my mother plants.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I used V + B for several years. I believe it has sufficient silica (don't need much). The big thing is adding more CaMg, which helps strengthen stems and stalks

I never could get my mind around them not having a bloom formula with ~50% less N.

I went to my hydro store to buy RAW nutes, but the Emerald Harvest president was there. We got to talking, been using it, now on 3rd grow

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I used V + B for several years. I believe it has sufficient silica (don't need much). The big thing is adding more CaMg, which helps strengthen stems and stalks

I never could get my mind around them not having a bloom formula with ~50% less N.

I went to my hydro store to buy RAW nutes, but the Emerald Harvest president was there. We got to talking, been using it, now on 3rd grow
yeah vegbloom said their formula is quite complete enough but i know there are people who approve of it i might just try a test run... and i eventually want to make my own formula but im just not advanced enough for that yet

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

veg and bloom and osa 28 is the perfect combo.. get deep 6 (same maker as osa) also.. those 3 are all u need
I know deep6 has enzymes and shit in it is that supposed to be like a hydroguard replacement? also would you say osa noticeably thickens stems? i need thick stemmed moms so i can take thick stemmed clones

symbiote420

symbiote420

Save your $$$ bros V+B has plenty of silica and enzymes added all you'll need is a root inoculant IME...... I don't use bloom boosters because I have a small garden but if you wanted to add one to your regimen you could. I liked it better as a bloom nute and never went over 4g, I got burnt tips using OSA28 during bloom with V+B I also noticed strains that never herm getting sacs/bananas.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Save your $$$ bros V+B has plenty of silica and enzymes added all you'll need is a root inoculant IME...... I don't use bloom boosters because I have a small garden but if you wanted to add one to your regimen you could. I liked it better as a bloom nute and never went over 4g, I got burnt tips using OSA28 during bloom with V+B I also noticed strains that never herm getting sacs/bananas.
root unoculant like hydroguard? i used hydroguard already but id probably use the osa for just my moms because itd be expensive as hell to run vegbloom (with their bloom booster) and osa in flower. do you think using osa in just veg could be beneficial to thicken my clones?

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I loved it in veg, with dirty in peat. Just so damn expensive. It at least doubled the nute cost. Have you consider trying AgSil 16H in place of it?
yeah id basically only use it in veg because the cost because i really just want thicker clones but yes ive heard of agsil but the problem with that is from what ive gathered is the silica in osa isnt potassium silicate but some sort of acid thats already broken down and ready for the plant and osa has a hydro formula now too that lets osa last in the res for up to 10 days. would you say the agsil is better?

kushdaking

kushdaking

I stand by emerald hands down. There the truth

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Most times when using a silicic acid you'll want to cut down on concentration of your minerals, at least in my experience.

I'm so over liquid nutrients with fancy bottles but Emerald really is the fucking truth. We've run them ALLLLLLL and Emerald is constantly pulling the highest weight (even if only by a slight bit), but more importantly the quality and BAG APPEAL are always second to none. I'm gonna attach some pics later from a EH/Plagron/Mills/H&G side by side so you can see. The finished product from the others is so "Dutch" for lack of better words. Darker w more golds, red, purple etc. The Emerald is vibrant green with swollen ass crystals, truly connoisseur looking whereas the others are well, just Dutch looking. It seems Emerald pushes the Terp profile a little further too. They all smell the same mostly, just Emerald seems to push the taste and smell to the next level.

Top Bottom