Veg+bloom!

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

so I was trying to get some samples of this stuff but you need to know your water quality mever use to worry since I was completely organic and my plants loved the tap. anyways went ahead and bought some cheap ec and ph meters just to get an idea of where I'm standing and ec I have no clue how to read. I've read up on it and it still doesn't make sense to me. if anyone can help me determine what my ec value is that would be awesome hahaha

Vegbloom

The Terps

The Terps

490 ppm(parts per million) that's the count of minerals and what not in the water. The higher the number the more minerals and 62 degrees is how warm your water is pretty simple

bankcee

bankcee

490 ppm(parts per million) that's the count of minerals and what not in the water. The higher the number the more minerals and 62 degrees is how warm your water is pretty simple

no it has options for ec or ppm (tds) and this 498 was in the ec option and the ppm on the other option were at 200 something?

and I don't need ppms I need ec reading. their options are like 0-4, 5-7, etc.

The Terps

The Terps

Well that is in parts per million it does the same thing on a different scale. So if you "need" ec your in the wrong setting or bought the wrong pen. If you spend 30 secs cruising google you can get a conversion chart even and work with what you got.

Natural

Natural

TDS is the 500 scale..so it's real easy. You double the number and add decimals.
If I round your number up to 500 ppm..Your EC would be 1.0.
2.0 EC = 1000 ppm
Get it?
On that note..1 EC is extremely high for tap. Mines coming out at .3 or 150 ppm TDS. I still need to RO my water or my PH in peat will climb too high from the alkalinity.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Take your Ec reading .49
Then switch to ppm and take reading..
Say reading is 680 ppm.
Take 680 and divide it into .49
= .72
That would mean your meter is .72 scale. ..
I figure yours is gonna be real close to that .49

justiceman

justiceman

Yup. Assumining you have a .5 conversion factor tds pen 498ppm would be 1.0EC. In other words every 50ppm= .1EC

That's fairly high for tap. I'd personally cut if with R/O water and bring it down to 200-350ppm(.4EC-.7EC) if you want to use the Tap/Hard blend. Lower is better. If you want to use the R/O blend then you'd want to bring your water down to 50-150ish ppm(.1EC-.3EC).

Side note: I'm going to run some in coco soon and asked directly if I could run the tap formula in coco. They suggested I run the RO formula in coco because the acid buffers in the tap formula can get stored in the coco and reak havoc on ph.

Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

V+B question... How long can it be stored? Use it right away or will it keep for a week?
Here is what I'm mixing. V+B HD with Protekt and Cal-Mag+ RO water. Not using a reservoir, just making it up and pouring it into gallon jugs. So... any thoughts on storage times ???

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

V+B question... How long can it be stored? Use it right away or will it keep for a week?
Here is what I'm mixing. V+B HD with Protekt and Cal-Mag+ RO water. Not using a reservoir, just making it up and pouring it into gallon jugs. So... any thoughts on storage times ???
You really should use it asap.. if not at least throw a air stone in it...

bankcee

bankcee

TDS is the 500 scale..so it's real easy. You double the number and add decimals.
If I round your number up to 500 ppm..Your EC would be 1.0.
2.0 EC = 1000 ppm
Get it?
On that note..1 EC is extremely high for tap. Mines coming out at .3 or 150 ppm TDS. I still need to RO my water or my PH in peat will climb too high from the alkalinity.

no I finally figured it out. my ec is .5 or .498 ec. because that was my ec setting with ppm being 206.

Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

Thanks EHorizon! I was checking the other thread on VB. The consensus is to use it right away. Some have stored it for a week but when it comes right down to it.. making what you need for hand watering isn't all that difficult.. it's not like I have 7 bottles of this and that to throw in ;) I am excited to try V+B. I'm doing half of my plants with Humboldt County's Own and half with V+B. Should be interesting to see the differences!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks EHorizon! I was checking the other thread on VB. The consensus is to use it right away. Some have stored it for a week but when it comes right down to it.. making what you need for hand watering isn't all that difficult.. it's not like I have 7 bottles of this and that to throw in ;) I am excited to try V+B. I'm doing half of my plants with Humboldt County's Own and half with V+B. Should be interesting to see the differences!
I like watching comparisons :)

Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

Well... so I did my first feeding yesterday. Half the plants with V+B and the other half with Humbolt County's Own.
In a gallon of RO (PH 6.0) I added 1/2 tsp of Protekt. Waited about 10 minutes and added some 1 ml of Cal-Mag+ and 4 grams of V+B. I ended up with a PPM of 970 and a PH of 6.9. I PH'd down to 5.8
I was concerned with the 970 PPM and the youth of my girls so I added another half gallon of water which brought the PPM down to around 600. The 970 scared the crap out of me.

I did the same with the Humboldt County's Own and used 1 ml of Micro, Grow, Bloom and Snow Storm Ultra. The PPM was interesting... 320! PH was at 9.6 and I dropped it to 5.8

About 4 hours after feeding the MPUrkles looked fine except for one. It's my runt and all of it's leaves were eagle clawed, drooping and greener than the others. I gave a good flush with RO and by this morning the leaves were unclawed (for the most part) and the plant was standing up fairly straight. After 24 hours they all look really great, but the HCO fed plants seem to have grown about 1/4" in height and leaf stems seem to be spreading more when compared to the height of the V+B fed. Still early and only one feeding so far. Anyone have a recommendation on PPM for young plants (2+weeks and starting 3rd node / Pro-Mix HP soiless). (PPM=500 scale)

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well... so I did my first feeding yesterday. Half the plants with V+B and the other half with Humbolt County's Own.
In a gallon of RO (PH 6.0) I added 1/2 tsp of Protekt. Waited about 10 minutes and added some 1 ml of Cal-Mag+ and 4 grams of V+B. I ended up with a PPM of 970 and a PH of 6.9. I PH'd down to 5.8
I was concerned with the 970 PPM and the youth of my girls so I added another half gallon of water which brought the PPM down to around 600. The 970 scared the crap out of me.

I did the same with the Humboldt County's Own and used 1 ml of Micro, Grow, Bloom and Snow Storm Ultra. The PPM was interesting... 320! PH was at 9.6 and I dropped it to 5.8

About 4 hours after feeding the MPUrkles looked fine except for one. It's my runt and all of it's leaves were eagle clawed, drooping and greener than the others. I gave a good flush with RO and by this morning the leaves were unclawed (for the most part) and the plant was standing up fairly straight. After 24 hours they all look really great, but the HCO fed plants seem to have grown about 1/4" in height and leaf stems seem to be spreading more when compared to the height of the V+B fed. Still early and only one feeding so far. Anyone have a recommendation on PPM for young plants (2+weeks and starting 3rd node / Pro-Mix HP soiless). (PPM=500 scale)
I can't help much cause in familiar with you median .

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

@bankcee With tap water that high I would recommend you go with the Tap/Hard version of the nutrients.
Heads up, they're not giving out any samples at all.
Hit me up if you want a discount though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom