Veg clones 12 hours or 36 under 400 MH??

• Thread starter smokey_waters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey_waters

Hi,
Id like my plants to sleep from 12am-8am. I'll be bringing rooted clones back from the dispensary at 1pm. So to put them on that schedule, I can either turn out the lights at midnight or wait another 24 hours. What to do??

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
maybe it's me...but your question isn't making much sense to me.
Bring your plants home at 1pm, put them in the room and when the lights go out at 12am they will sleep.
Not sure what your problem is...

S

smokey_waters

So the plants would only be getting like 11 hrs of light the first day. Just want to make site that's okay since in veg it's recommended they always get 18 hrs Of light

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Only 11 hours of light is better than a long dark period, as with clones that have been under constant or near constant light might flip into flower when receiving a dark period longer than a few hours...

S

smokey_waters

So if u had to choose b/w putting rooted clones under 400 MH for 11 hrs of light or 35 hours of light b4 giving them 8 hrs to sleep which would u do??

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I'd let em go the 35 hrs. Then again, I clone and veg 24/7 light cycle. Depending on the size of the clones and how far rooted they are, I'd just raise the lights a lil so its not so intense and as soon as I feel they are taking off, gradually lower the lights. Personally, I wouldn't want to give them less then 18hrs light, so I'd go with the 35. -PDX

M

mountaindank

There's no problem with 11 hours of light. There would only be a problem with more than 11 hours of darkness. Flowering is based on the length of the night, not the day. Better to get right into the habit of an 8 hour dark cycle instead of delaying it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

There's no problem with 11 hours of light. There would only be a problem with more than 11 hours of darkness. Flowering is based on the length of the night, not the day. Better to get right into the habit of an 8 hour dark cycle instead of delaying it.

x2 on that- don't let plants you want to stay in veg go 10 uninterrupted hours in darkness. Period. You can play all kinds of games with lighting as long as you don't break that rule.

Latest posts

Top Bottom