Veg Help, Drooping Leaves

• Thread starter Bloodbath
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bloodbath

Hey,

Any advice or tips is greatly appreciate.

I have 600 watt led light I’m using to veg (yes, it’s a true 600 watt or a 2000w equivalents). I’m using soil, sunshine #4 mixed with perlite. GH nutrients, calimag & 3 gallon smart pots.

I ordered the ChemCookie seeds from Devine genentics on this site. It sprouted fine, did well under a t5 as a seedling. I just transplanted it in a 3 gallon smart pot on Friday and put it under my led light. Ever since the leafs have slowly dropped down. Now my plant just looks very droopy. I don’t know how to fix it.

Im only watering ever other day. Do I need to water more often? Can I over water it using a smart pot?

Also, my high temp under the light is 77 degrees, low of 72, high humidity of 58, low humidity of 40.

FYI, I broke my back camera. Only have the front camera. Try taking a pic using your front camera to take a picture other than a selfie. Hard as fuck...

Veg help drooping leaves
Veg help drooping leaves 2
Veg help drooping leaves 3
mellowd

mellowd

I would try backing off ur light a bit, and depending on ur light cycle maybe have the light on less until they get used to it. I've found that LEDs are very direct and strong on the plants. It's a big jump from a t5 to LED. I usually start mine from seed with a 300w LED so that its not too strong, but they can get used to it easier when they are younger. I just back it off about 3 feet or so as not to over do it. Then after a week or so I move them up to a higher wattage and place it closer. Im no expert(on my 3rd LED grow) but this seems most logical to me. Best of luck tho.

mellowd

mellowd

Just another note to add. u can over water with a smart pot by watering too frequently. Water it until water starts coming out of the bottom, and then don't water again until the top inch or so of the soil is dry. a good rule of thumb is to use ur thumb and water it when the soil is dry up to the knuckle of ur thumb. Should be watering every 3-5 days or so depending on the plants size relative to the soil in the pot. It's always better to under water a bit than over water.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

That's just overwatering I think. If your using soil, you should not water that frequently imo. I use much smaller pots than you but still only water every 3 days or so when the top inch of the soil is dry.

Buddo

Buddo

Overwatering is the likely culprit, as mentioned , the soil your using and the smart pot will hold water well, especially as the plants are young, hold off on the watering and monitor 2x daily (morning/night). IMO I think lights are fine, the big fireball in the sky beats down on tiny seedlings and they seem to do ok.
Your mentioned that you transplanted recently... the plants might have become shocked (transplant shock).Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) Is known for its benefits in reducing shock in plants, I use it in my soil mixes and before any transplants around the garden, you can mix it into a solution and water-in,obviously as its already mentioned ,let your soils top 2 inches dry out before you even consider this... if considered at all.

Good luck!peace.

tifosi

tifosi

When the tips of the leaves point down it's usually one of two things,to much N or water. I start mine in small pots and move the size up as they grow,this helps to avoid over watering and helps develop a larger fuller root ball.

B

Bloodbath

0C62F5A0 5336 453D BE27 CAB8EFB861CB
Take pics in natural light
Hey,

I backed off my light and pushed my plants away from the center. It’s doing a lot better now and seems to be coming back to life. Transplanting may also be a factor. I’m going to doing some research into epsom salt.

I really don’t think I’m over watering, I’ve water all my other plants the same and never had a problem. I live in Vegas and it’s dry as fuck. I also use the smart pots. I’m going to try backing off the water and see what happens. Better for me anyways, I haven’t invested in an ro system yet. I go fill up 6 jugs that are 5 gallon each at the store, pain in the ass.

G gnome

G gnome

View attachment 817831
Hey,

I backed off my light and pushed my plants away from the center. It’s doing a lot better now and seems to be coming back to life. Transplanting may also be a factor. I’m going to doing some research into epsom salt.

I really don’t think I’m over watering, I’ve water all my other plants the same and never had a problem. I live in Vegas and it’s dry as fuck. I also use the smart pots. I’m going to try backing off the water and see what happens. Better for me anyways, I haven’t invested in an ro system yet. I go fill up 6 jugs that are 5 gallon each at the store, pain in the ass.

Its def too much light. U have to ease em into it. When ur goin from t5 to a 2,000 watt light u have to do it incrementally.

Its not too much N , over watering, transplant shock or any of that other bs.

Top Bottom