Veg lighting, whats best for Energy Efficiency???

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

OK farmers, I have my first grow done, I stated with 1 room 10' x 11' with two 1000W MH/HPS. I used MH for the veg and HPS for the flower.

I plan on running another room (same size) but running three 1000W in each room. for a total of 6k watts of lighting.

My main goal is to keep costs down for the electric use, so with that said...

I have heard of guys using T5's during the veg cycle. What is your take on this?

Will I get the same results if I do not run MH during veg?

TIA

GG

lazarus718

lazarus718

OK farmers, I have my first grow done, I stated with 1 room 10' x 11' with two 1000W MH/HPS. I used MH for the veg and HPS for the flower.

I plan on running another room (same size) but running three 1000W in each room. for a total of 6k watts of lighting.

My main goal is to keep costs down for the electric use, so with that said...

I have heard of guys using T5's during the veg cycle. What is your take on this?

Will I get the same results if I do not run MH during veg?

TIA

GG

Using the T-5's will save you $$$ and will be just fine for veg. They'll also help you keep the temps lower. I wouldn't say that you are going to get the "same" results as you would with a MH but plenty of growers out there use the T-5's for the entire grow and get some decent yields. Just be sure that when you flower them you keep your HPS a little higher than normal until the plants adjust to the higher intensity of light.

jagle

jagle

i use 4 55watt pll lights in a housing to get 220watts of cfls for veg, great light for vegging, tight plants, its the shit

bulbs look like this

P

paulycali

Close to the same results. Growth structure might look the same using t5's and mh lighting but the rate of growth will be much faster using mh lighting

lazarus718

lazarus718

What's up Jagle?!?! How does the garden grow? Hey Pauly too, what's up bro?

Green Giant

Green Giant

Cool, I think this may be the way I go for veg.

How many T5's do you think I would need to cover the room size with 12 plants per room?

What spectrum would I use for the bulbs?

GG

P

paulycali

What's up Jagle?!?! How does the garden grow? Hey Pauly too, what's up bro?

What up lazarus718 :)

Cool, I think this may be the way I go for veg.

How many T5's do you think I would need to cover the room size with 12 plants per room?

What spectrum would I use for the bulbs?

GG

Go for it. You'll save a bunch on electricity for sure

For how many t5's it kinda depends on how long you want to veg them for

Blue bulbs for sure

Green Giant

Green Giant

OK, did some research and found some T5 fixtures from Sunlight supply. They are the Sun Blaze T5 8 bulb. I plan on running two to start with, then add another as they grow.

What do you guys/gals think?

I can pick get these for around $220.00 per fixture from my local hydro store.

GG

B

Bluenote

OK, did some research and found some T5 fixtures from Sunlight supply. They are the Sun Blaze T5 8 bulb. I plan on running two to start with, then add another as they grow.

What do you guys/gals think?

I can pick get these for around $220.00 per fixture from my local hydro store.

GG

I think you can go to home depot and buy 4 T5 4 foot two tubes that come with 6400k tubes , and wire the cords , wire 'em in series if you want and get a better spread for one hell of a lot less money.

Then you can walk over to the next aisle and buy some 3500k etc. tubes to add some more red spectrum if you wish , and you can throw T8s into the mix.

I veg and keep mothers and clones under a mix of T5s and T8s and harden 'em off for a week or so under 400s before they go on from there.

By the way if you really want a big multi tube fixture take a look at the hig-bay type T5s , you may have to go to an electrical supply house , and you'll see some *real* familar stuff from those Supplu Houses , stuff that gets a fancy decal and an even fancier price at the " hydro' store.

Top Bottom