veg phase lenghth from seed?

• Thread starter pliscan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pliscan

Guy at hydro store told me since my plants are from seed and not clones they have to veg longer(like 8 weeks). I was hoping to veg for 4 to 5 weeks. How long from sprout? How long should I veg?

B

BayArea

Seeds will take longer to develop than clones typically. Sometimes over 2 months.....

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

I tried some bag seeds with only a 20 day veg from first set true leaves. It still took another 25 days under 12/12 before they even showed preflowers. Seemed like they stretched way more than others I vegged longer. I didn't notice much difference in yield though.

D

dailychronic

it all depends on the strain, what you are trying to yield, what lighting, are you using co2, basically alot of variables. If you want more weight obviously vegging logger is going to help. A seed is going to take around 2-4 weeks to reach size of a clone (again depends on a number of variables). Generally, disregarding lighting or anything else, I find the larger the area the seed has to grow into will also determine how big and fast it grows.

P

pliscan

I'm growing 4 white widows and 5 carnivals I bought from Ministry of Cannabis. Started them in rork wool blocks they gerninated and 1 week after i planted em I put em in coco/perlite. So far I'm vegging under flourescents after they get a little bigger I will put em under 2-400 watt MH's then to 2-600 watt sodiums. They will be in a 3'x6' tray on a drip system. This is my second crop and my first try with seeds. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

U

ukgirl420

PLISCAN ..i veg for as long as is needed depending on there size and wether you are gonna lst her ,,(i use a small cupboard so not much room for height )as they usually dbl or even triple in size during the stretch stage so i usually go into flower after 3 or 4 weeks ,,sometimes they have allready shown sex .other times it still takes 2 more weeks from 12 /.12 ,
,goodluck :rollj:

D

Donk Frog

Most of my seeds have shown pre sex in 6-9weeks from sprout time, but it depends what they are under(light wise),, hell sometimes I sprout under my 2 1000watters, seeds will get use to anything so long as it (environment)is that way when they sprout, if you just move seedling from florencent to 2000watts...well...lol

Top Bottom