VEG Room Build for 40K Watt Show

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SAMCRO

SAMCRO

would 4 tons of a/c for 16 lights cut it? seems like you would need 5 tons.

No it will not. A 5 ton with 60,000 BTU wouldn't do it. 60,000 with CO2 and cooling 2 other rooms for veg and drying barely gets the job done with 10 HPS lights. I wouldn't risk it. Meaning I wouldnt go through the trouble of installing it only to find out 6 months from now and you increase your light requirements as you grow only to stop growing to rip out the 4 ton and add (2) 5 tons type deal or a 10 ton air deal. Start off with the biggest air conditioning you can get and ramp up from there. This way your never down because your air is out or needs to be swapped out for a bigger unit your girls are going to hate it and your risk being exposed. Been there and done this and I won't do it again.

S

serpent

seems like you will get a serious temperature spike in your rooms when not using a/c.id have one ton(more if i had the amps) running in each room for lights out.or 5 tons a room 24/7. if you got money to burn,get a low amp 10 or 12 ton unit.mitsubisi multicity/mobilcool atlas pacslim.even if you get a 35 amp 5 ton they want you to have a 50 amp breaker.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

This is what I would do with 200 amps.

Non Perpetual Harvest - 32 Lights, 2 Flower Rooms total

16 Lights 4.5 amps @240v = 72 amps, flip flop to another 16 light room, 32 total bloom lights.
8 Tons of AC = 60 amps, flip flop to another 16 light room.
2 Dehumidifiers = 16 amps, one in each room.
20 Wall Fans = 20 amps, 10 in each room

This equals 168 amps, which is 84% of your panel running constantly.
You will harvest 32 lights, every 3 or 4 months (depends on plant counts)

Perpetual Harvest - 30 Lights, 2 Flower Rooms (24) and 1 Veg Room (6)

Flower Rooms (2)
12 Lights 4.5 amps @240v=54 amps, flip flop to another 12 light room, 24 total bloom lights.
5 Ton of AC = 42 amps, flip flop to another 12 light room.
2 Dehumidifiers = 16 amps, one in each room.
14 Wall Fans = 14 amps, 7 in each room
126 Total Amps for 2 Flower Rooms

Veg Room (1)
6 Lights 2.5 amps @240v = 15 amps, these are 600w Lights.
2.5 Ton AC = 20 amps
1 Dehumidifier = 5 amps
5 Wall Fans = 5 amps
45 Total Amps for Veg Room

126 plus 45 = 171 Amps total, or 85.5 % of your panel running constantly.
You will harvest 12 lights, every month.

Add 7 amps for a dehumidifier and scrubber if you add a dryroom. This is a quickie calculation, so I left out stuff like air/water pumps, and general warehouse lighting, but this pretty accurate. Your dehumidifiers will cycle, so you'll have some play....but I wouldn't go over 85% constant use on your panel. Yes, you can go above that for equipment startups, but go and talk to some electricians to see what they recommend.

I don't think you can do 40 lights, unless you downgrade to 600's or something, which I would recommend against. 600 watt fixtures are great for residential or vegging, but not commercial production.

Thanks again for all of your help, we had 600 amps avail.

Top Bottom