Veg room darkness

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

With the onset of summer I'm starting to have a problem that I suspect allot of you are dealing with, HEAT!! I have a veg and a flower room. I run the lights on the flower on a 12/12 schedule starting at 9 pm . I run the veg 24 hrs. I was thinking of dropping the veg to 18/6
and try to cut back on power and try to reduce the temp. If I do this do I need to worry about light? My flower room is totally black but the veg does get a slight bit of light. Is this ok?

D

Dubwobble

No problem if the veg room isn't 100% dark for those 6 hours.

For flower it has to be 100% (as you know)

putembk

putembk

Thanks, thats what I thought. But since there was not much feed back on this subject I went ahead and totally blacked out the room just in case. I feel better about it now any way. It wasn't much work, took about 20 min.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The light leaking in isn't so much of a problem as getting it to 18/6 without seeing a lot of weirdness with your girls.

D

Dubwobble

18/6 regimine doesn't do anything bad to your vegging plants, but it does save you 1/4 on your electricity.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally prefer an 18/6 regimen. But if you're trying to get some cuts big and ready for the outdoors and you just change up the photoperiod from that to match daylight, they're gonna get weird on you. Same thing going from a 24/0 to 18/6, in my experience.

putembk

putembk

I totally agree, I would never switch from 24/0 to 18/6 after a plant has gotten used to a schedule. These are new clones I just put into veg. Doing great, can't tell any difference from the last batch at 24/0.

B

bobman

I asked this question on a couple of different forums a while ago because i wanted to save a little power and clone in the same room. I received several responses saying it did not matter. I never tried it partly because my new strain auto's on me and i do not want to risk it. I was thinking that I may just put a couple of t-8 in the room maybe about 160 watts, 6x6 veg area, and see if that would save me some money. Maybe the lights from the cloner would be enough.

This would be a great opportunity to compare 18/6 to 24/0 veg performance. Hope you keep an eye out for the rest of us.

A

antimatter

switch to 18/6, 6 pm to 12 noon with a cfl on 24hr so you can work in there during the day.

L

l0g1c4l

Right now where i am its been really hot and i'm with antimatter on this one. I use a couple cfls to keep the ladies awake and than run MH for 4 hrs on and than 1 hour off, its like nature when a tree gets in the way! As soon as MH is off the temps drop so fast it never gets a chance to get too hot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom