VEG ROOM QUESTION

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

Quick question I wanna run my veg light 18/6. In the same area is my clone dome with light on 24. Is the light from the clone dome going to effect the 18/6 area?

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I'd say it kinda goes against the whole idea of giving them darkness if you're not giving them complete darkness. I've ran my clone domes on 18/6 plenty of times with no problems. Either that or you could move your clone setup into another room or closet.

Camdawg

Camdawg

@sealed138 its mostly just to save a few bucks. My theory on dark times is that they don't really need it(C3 plant) but all things must sleep, ever seen a tweaker after a bad binger they don't look so good.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Just throw the clones on 18/6 too. I have great results with clones on 18/6. Everything must sleep I believe that as well.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Run my t'5 in veg 24 hrs but mainly because i have yet to get a timer but the 18/6 is not really needed and i don't see it effecting and m/f ratio's and to veg under stronger light i just add them in the flower room during the 12 hrs on if your vegging under multiple high powered mh/hps then i would go 18/6 with cloner also as stated above but in the grand scheme of things if your worried about a few more dollar in electric - let the product sort that out ... hell 1 zip pays for a month of electric

peace
SoSerThc1

sixstring

sixstring

A lot of people clone at 18/6 with no problems, move the clones or change your light schedule. I save approximately 300.00 a month switching from 24/0 to 18/6 but my veg room is kinda big.

Tank333

Tank333

$300??? By dropping six hours? that means you've gotta have like 10KW+! I'm assuming that cost includes your cooling costs, right?

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah I pay a premium for electric in se mich and that does include heating and cooling. It seems like my clones rooted faster when I ran 24/o veg but thats about it.i still get roots in about 10 days, in dirt.

Tank333

Tank333

Damn, man! I can't wait to have a grow op that big! Probably won't happen till I get into the commercial realm here in Wa. That'll happen in 2015, provided all goes well between now and then!

Just curious: how many watts of light you running total, and what's your electric bill look like? And how much per kw/h do you pay?

sixstring

sixstring

Im just over 10k in lights for veg and flower plus all my fans, 2 a/c units ect.average bill in summer is 1700.00 to 2000.00 and it drops to about 1000.00 to 1300.00 in winter.i think im paying somewhere around 16cents per kwh or some shit.theres a link to my grow in my sig ;)
A good veg room keeps the flower room stocked and happy lol.

Tank333

Tank333

Holy fuck, man! 16 cents per??? Damn, I guess I am hella glad to be here in Washington where we have Hanford and all the dams on the Columbia! I'm only paying half that at 8.3 kw/h! I don't know if I could handle paying that much for electricity...

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Any light disruption during veg is ok.. No it won't hurt your vegging 18-6 plants.. Best DP

Max Frost

Max Frost

Any light disruption during veg is ok.. No it won't hurt your vegging 18-6 plants.. Best DP

I agree with Don Peppy that it won't hurt anything. I don't think you're going to save that much tho unless you're drawing allot of power. I backed my T-5's off to an 18/6 several years ago...not to save $, but I wanted to see how my plants responded. The ONLY noticeable difference was that the plants didn't grow as fast! I noticed no real change in my power bill. My plants didn't seem any better off either. I've been running 24 hrs on ever since!

One thought...I used to use a separate T-5 rig dedicated just for cloning. There was one time when I had to root my cuts in the veg tent. I just threw the tray in the back corner & they only got whatever light was reaching them back there. (At the time, it was a 4 X 4 veg tent). To my surprise, the cuts actually did better and rooted a little faster than when I had them under direct light. Now, I root all my cuts like that. As soon as I see a proliferation of roots coming thru the plug, I just up-pot them into the 1 gal pots & then they go under direct light. My point here (it's around here somewhere!) is that you might be just as well off completely eliminating your cloning light. It worked for me. I think the key is just to experiment around to see what works best for your particular situation.

Best of luck!

Max

Latest posts

Top Bottom