Veg room too hot! Whats my best option?

• Thread starter fasteddy0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fasteddy0

So in my veg room I have
(5) 8 light t5s and it is getting really hot.

I also have (8) 1000w magnetic ballasts & (2) 1000w digital ballasts

I am not opposed to switching all magnetics over to digital, but the room runs warm just with all the t5s running.

I need to figure out the best way to cool this down. I have a bunch of fans sitting around after I upgraded my flower room with a 4 ton excel ac.

(2) max 10s
(1) max 12
(1) can fan 8ho
(1) vortex 4

Options.

1. Exhaust room with a fan / carbon filter (more than likely a max 10)
2. Run 2 identical fans in opposite directions between the flower / veg room to spread the AC'd air through the the veg room. (more than likely would use max 10s as well.)

Of these two option 2 is more appealing because I don't actually have to exhaust out a window and everything is contained within the 2 spaces.

Any other ideas or feedback is greatly appreciated.

souf69

souf69

Got pics? Why you running so many lights? I hope this room is full of lovely ladies... Try not to pull air out as you need humidity.

sixstring

sixstring

i like option #2. why not use that big ole a/c to your advantage,plus it contains the smell.i used to have my veg and flower side by side like that and i just used a temp control on the incoming air in veg to keep it just right.nice thing is you have plenty of extra fans to work something out lol.

P

PanchoVilla

@sixstring I've also had similar problems and fixed it the same way you did awesome!!!

vaporedout

vaporedout

i ran my ballast outside the room, kept it a lil cooler, not sure if your already doin that

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is the flower room sealed, or could you exhaust that cooled air into the veg room?

J

justhydronow

Your grow room temp must be in the range 75-80 F with 50% humidity, more higher temp is a big waste. I would go with the second option.

Reebs

Reebs

AC? or exhaust for veg somewhere up high to really grab that hot air.

Top Bottom