Veg whit gavita 1930e

• Thread starter Jostin2133
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jostin2133

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to grow with Gavita 1930 but in a week the plants turn yellow and stop eating. Some have told me that it may be the intensity of the light. I have been using it at 50% in a 10 foot high room. I will attach some photos. I appreciate your comment.

IMG 20220909 WA0014
IMG 20220909 WA0013
josefrahl

josefrahl

The yellowing pattern between the veins is usually a magnesium deficiency.

We need more info to help. Medium type? Room temperature/humidity, nutrients used, feeding schedule, watering schedule?

J

Jostin2133

25 gallon pails (coco)
Advance Nutrients (Using Advance table)
Plus Calmag 4ml per Gallon.
Temp: 79/81
Humidity: 74%/77%
2 Feeding.
1 watering.
Every 2 days.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I'll tag @Aqua Man He's a coco expert, and I sure he'll get to you as soon as he sees it.

@Moe.Red as well since he seems to get mad that I don't tag him enough 🤣 😉

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello everyone.

I have been trying to grow with Gavita 1930 but in a week the plants turn yellow and stop eating. Some have told me that it may be the intensity of the light. I have been using it at 50% in a 10 foot high room. I will attach some photos. I appreciate your comment.
Epsom Salts will help, They need magnesium, I was having the same issue going to led from hps, I'm still learning but I give them 1/4 tsp every watering and I don't get that fade on the leaves any more.

Water when dry & saturate the soil & try for a 65% humidity...I set mine to 60% and they seem pretty happy...higher than 65% you're inviting mold into your space.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

can you take a picture of all the plants as a whole?

give all environmental info and equipment please

you in 100% coco with no amendments?

J

Jostin2133

Epsom Salts will help, They need magnesium, I was having the same issue going to led from hps, I'm still learning but I give them 1/4 tsp every watering and I don't get that fade on the leaves any more.

Water when dry & saturate the soil & try for a 65% humidity...I set mine to 60% and they seem pretty happy...higher than 65% you're inviting mold into your space.
I sent a video of what's is happening...
Thank you for the comment.

W

Willy.Balls

Had Exactly the same issue with high powered LED. Too much light and too high EC. Leaves cannot transpire enough water to cool themself enough and die.

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

Hello everyone.

It's a calcium problem you have a nute lock happening due to ph fluxes. Try flushing with plain h2o but add proper amount of calmag to it..

OrganicLowStress

OrganicLowStress

Hey I think it’s definitely a cal mag problem. Coco dosent hold nutrients well so you need to up the dose. I had a problem like this but not as bad because I use soil. For me I made a gal spray bottle of water ph to 6.1-6.4 with 7 ml of cal mag from advanced nutrients. With that I’ll spray the leaves 3 times a day letting the water dry on without disturbing too much only the fan blowing lightly and one quick shake of the entire plant after the initial spray. I do that so so that the sediment can settle on the leaves, also lower the light while drying to not burn the leaves obviously. I’ll also pump about a liter to of that mix a day into the roots zone and do the foliage spray process for the next four days before I need a refill. Do that 4-5 days a week at least, and she’ll be back in a few weeks. But remember with coco u may need to water her with that mixture more often being as it drys faster in some cases.

Top Bottom