veg with only 12hrs light

• Thread starter water wise guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

water wise guy

i am curiouse if any body has tried this. since the plant only knows how long it has been dark and not how long it has been light for as long as they never get more than 6 hours dark they think they had 18 hrs light. so if you wanted to keep your power usage exactly the same flower and veg run your veg cycly as 6hrs on 6hrs off 6hrs on and 6hrs off this should make them think they are getting 18 hrs light but you realy are only using 12 hrs of power the same as you use in flower.

sedate

sedate

No you are too clever by half.

It doesn't work that way. Cycling the plant like will stress it out and make the hormones have no idea what to do.

You'll probably hermie the plant.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Wouldn't vegging em at 12/12 just flower em immediately? Same as 12/12 from seed method.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

i heard about this, the 12-1 thing right? something like 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off... never heard of anybody tryin it though, just read some internet rant.

M

mrdizzle

D9 on Ic I believe veggies for 8on 4off, ending up being 16hrs of light

T

theTinker

Just more speculation from me im afraid.

I've never tried most of it,

but have found some fascinating theories of shorter days etc speeding up flowering (confirmed this myself)

Cycling day n night quicker so 8 days happen in a 7 day period etc.
I heard of one man, dont remember who or what so quite useless, who found that after experiementing with 15min increments to his cycles, found he could cram an extra 1-1.5 days in each week dramatically shortening his flowering without much yeild loss (using high powered lights during lights on). As far as i remember it wasnt so much as saving power goal orientated, but just finishing his crop faster (more profit).

Top Bottom