Veg Won’t Grow HELP

• Thread starter NewbieGrower55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewbieGrower55

NewbieGrower55

They’ve been stuck in this stage no growth no signs of changes and will not get dry!!! Any ideas?

Veg wont grow help
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Looks like it’s generally underfed and very phosphorus deficient. I’d give it several foliar feeding with bloom formula nutes about 1/2 tsp per liter/ quart and 5-6 drops of mild soap to break the surface tension. That should hold you until it dries enough to water/feed again. Also check you ph. I’m betting it’s on the basic side. Getting it around 6.1-6.2 will help with the phos uptake.

JJS009

JJS009

It’s not growing because it’s 2/3 dead. More info needed for diagnosis

growing medium
Nutes being used and how much
light being used
Environment you are growing in including temps and humidity

NewbieGrower55

NewbieGrower55

growing medium
light being used

growing medium
light being used

MotherEarth 70/30
Heavy16 line .
double ended gavita with CMH bulb at 60%
indoors and 78 & 60-65 humidity

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What is the EC (ppm) of your nutrient solution, what size container is the plant in and how often do you irrigate?

NewbieGrower55

NewbieGrower55

What is the EC (ppm) of your nutrient solution, what size container is the plant in and how often do you irrigate?

PPMS usually around 1400 , 20 Gallon Pot , every few days but these I haven’t got to feed in over a week now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

1400 ppm is pretty high, that would be 2.8 EC. But you havent gave it anything in over a week? If the nutrient solution has too high ppm then it makes it hard for the roots to absorb water. Thats probably why the soil wont dry out, plus thats a big pot. Might have to flush, but I know thats hard to do when the soil is wet lol. But it will lower the EC content of the media and exchange the old stagnant water for fresh oxygen rich water.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
She is pretty sad about something. Might check pH. My totally low info guess is her roots are in some salty water with that fertilization and they are sad about it. But if that is the case you will see it in pH when you check runoff (you are watering to runoff, right? I know that is a hell of a lot of water in a 20 gallon pot but if you don't, you don't recycle the oxygen at the root level and refresh the water so the roots end up sitting in the salty fertilizer water and get sad).

A slurry test would also be helpful. You can look up how to do one pretty easily.

Again, I bet it shows up in pH.

NewbieGrower55

NewbieGrower55

1400 ppm is pretty high, that would be 2.8 EC. But you havent gave it anything in over a week? If the nutrient solution has too high ppm then it makes it hard for the roots to absorb water. Thats probably why the soil wont dry out, plus thats a big pot. Might have to flush, but I know thats hard to do when the soil is wet lol. But it will lower the EC content of the media and exchange the old stagnant water for fresh oxygen rich water.

So it’s been over a week because the last time I fed these girls was a flush with 4 gallons PH WATER but nothing has changed. I’m giving them now Recharge. Am I allowed to flush even if the soil is wet/ pot is heavy.

NewbieGrower55

NewbieGrower55

She is pretty sad about something. Might check pH. My totally low info guess is her roots are in some salty water with that fertilization and they are sad about it. But if that is the case you will see it in pH when you check runoff (you are watering to runoff, right? I know that is a hell of a lot of water in a 20 gallon pot but if you don't, you don't recycle the oxygen at the root level and refresh the water so the roots end up sitting in the salty fertilizer water and get sad).

A slurry test would also be helpful. You can look up how to do one pretty easily.

Again, I bet it shows up in pH.
I Checked the PH in the soil it was at 5.6 I’m giving it Recharge at 6.3 hopefully it evens it out. I gave them a flush last feeding with 4 gallons and no change.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I Checked the PH in the soil it was at 5.6 I’m giving it Recharge at 6.3 hopefully it evens it out. I gave them a flush last feeding with 4 gallons and no change.
With your pH down that low, there are a lot of nutrients that are present but not getting absorbed (at least not well) because they absorb better with a higher pH.

This all to say I would water at a pH of like 6.8-7. For me, that is more or less my tap water.

WIth the pH up, now the plant can finally absorb the nutrients that are present and essentially unclog the block in her normal processes. I am expecting by watering at that level, your pH would end up settling in a more comfortable 6-6.5 range.

This means she can get her leaves more operational etc etc.

But her roots are sad right now and my guess is the scenario I have described above is contributing to the reason.

Again, just my $0.02. Maybe I am misunderstanding when you say flush and you have already tried watering at that higher pH.

Regardless, good luck!

ChiT

ChiT

Water not absorbing? Did the medium get too compacted somehow? Mine did after a flush, I used chopsticks to jam in the soil and wiggle a little. Solved my issue of water sitting on top too long when feeding.

Anthem

Anthem

So the High EC has caused the plant to lock out. Meaning it is not up taking nutrients and it is up taking very little water for the same reason. If it was my grow, I would not do the recharge, you could either flush one more time or leave them alone until they show signs of coming back to life. By back to life I mean, media starting to dry out and the overall health of the plant improving with new growth as well. Also if you would like to see a quicker response you can try SLF-100.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So it’s been over a week because the last time I fed these girls was a flush with 4 gallons PH WATER but nothing has changed. I’m giving them now Recharge. Am I allowed to flush even if the soil is wet/ pot is heavy.

The PH of the water or nutrient solution should be about 6.0-6.5 for soil. What was the PH of the water when you flushed a week ago? And how much runoff did you get when you flushed with 4 gallons?

Latest posts

Top Bottom