Vegamatrix Vs Heavy16 Vs Lucas

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey coco farmers... I'm running H3ads Lucas (GH 6ml Micro/9ml Bloom + additives) now.
Considering Vegamatrix or Heavy16 next round.
Looks like all 3 are good lines. Thoughts? Goal is probably max yield not flavor; seen pics of VM plants with upright praying leaves before though.... All feedback/opinions welcome.

S

Seed Buyer

I have never used vega matrix but being that its vegan it will not have much Calcium which could be a problem in coco. I would used a buffered coco at a minimum.

M

mulehunter

Hey coco farmers... I'm running H3ads Lucas (GH 6ml Micro/9ml Bloom + additives) now.
Considering Vegamatrix or Heavy16 next round.
Looks like all 3 are good lines. Thoughts? Goal is probably max yield not flavor; seen pics of VM plants with upright praying leaves before though.... All feedback/opinions welcome.
do you use any Endo or ecto mycorrhizae?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

do you use any Endo or ecto mycorrhizae?
I use Mykos granular, Mykos tea (1x/week), and a pinch of Nectar for the Gods "One Shot" which has myco in it too (during xplant only).
I have done a tea with Capulators OG Biowar (1xmonth).

I've made some mistakes on letting coco get dry (happens fast in 1g airpots!), but now have irrigation automated.

Vegamatrix is SO tea friendly that you apply it literally in the feed rez before drench, from what I've read. I know a guy with upturned leaves on the Vegamatrix. Praying like the pope.

Is H3ads Lucas formula outdated or inappropriate for coco? Should I have done GH Grow along with the 6/9?

I suspect they could have used more Nitrogen early in bloom. That said, we are growing flowers not leaves right?

Where do you guys source your Heavy 16? My shop would have to get a ton to carry it.

Thoughts on these lines? I supplement with a lot of the GH Flora additives. Would love to do GH Organic line but didn't want to tinker in a new line this round ....

M

mulehunter

I use the gh floraseries low nutes in the 300s work my way up and ad different things everytime mix it up with the organics ,one day add floralicious Plus,next day add humbolt golden secret ,always add an organic bloom like Blue Mountain organics,or go bud ,but never all at once just one aditive per feeding with the flora series everytime .somtimes add Endo miycorize.plants look healthy

M

mulehunter

Now that i use coco coir i dont know if i will ever go back to soil ,explosive growth its really a Phenomenon,haahhaha

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Heavy16 is working for me, and it's easy to use. No pH worries ever.
20151210 104014

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

I have only used Vegamatrix out of the 3 but i absolutely love it. I am only in week 3 of flower and i used it for about 6 weeks of veg for seedlings to clones to mothers. I am in pure coco. I am using it at full strength. When i amended my coco i added cal/mag that is the only time i have added anything but vegamatrix. I also needed to ph the water when i added the cal/mag. I have not had to add ph to my res when only using vegamatrix. I also use it with OGBiowar. They work amazing together. I have not had one problem. no tip burns. no under feeding. Im just waiting and waiting for something to go wrong that i will have to dial in and adjust the nute line. But i haven't. My tap water i use comes out at less than 50ppm straight from the tap. So i am anxious to see how it finishes in flower. but so far i couldn't praise VEGAMATRIX enough.

pictures are better than words so here ya go.

IMG 4370
IMG 4371
LUMS0174
Top Bottom