Vegetation- can time be stopped, or slowed?

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

I have reason to slow down my basement grow op.
When my current flower area is done I want to go dark for a few months but still keep my keepers.

Let the temps fall to mid 60s F.
Keep humidity at 50%.
Fluorescent light level at twilight levels on constantly.
Keep them root bound.
Water weekly.

The goal is to keep them alive but not growing much for three to four months.
What do you think of this?

green punk

green punk

FWIW
Ive done similar. Put moms (4 ft +) in a room that only had 2 60w cfl for light, for five weeks. They were fine.
Also, more recently, I have kept a large handful of small and healthy girls in 6 inch pots under a 4 ft T5 with just 2 bulbs in (108 w) for the last several months. Feeding every other week. They are fine.

You only need a lot of light to veg up large amounts of cuttings.

I think it will work fine.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When my current flower area is done I want to go dark for a few months but still keep my keepers.

Keep humidity at 50%.
Keep them root bound.
Water weekly.

Pretty close to what I've done when trying to slow things down. In fact, you can let temps get into the 50s and they'll be fine, but at that point all growth pretty much stops. In fact, that low temps = stopped growth is why I tried to start everything indoors this year in my attempt at getting a good head start on the season. Which didn't work out too well, but that's another story.

Dunge

Dunge

Thanks for the reassurance.
I keep my garage at 50 F so I might just put them to sleep under a few cfl.
I'll weigh all the pots to assure I don't overwater.
These plants represent 12 plants that I want to continue growing.
a few pre 98 bubba kush
a few white fires
and a few alien rock candy
and soon you got a bunch of plants you care very much for.

J

Jalisco Kid

keeping them rootbound might cause more harm then good. Keeping them in the 50's I would watch out for molds and other similar bad things. low light and low ppm feeding will work. Just allow plenty of time for when you need your cutting.JK

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Look up some videos on bonsai plants. That may be your best bet. To keep tem healthy with out risking any thing. Just top / pinch, and repot the shit out of them.

With bonsai trees they trim the roots, and you can do that with cannabis as well.

Buy the time your ready, you should be able to take some nice clones, and also have some really sick ass moms to flower.

If your google it, there are picks on the net of Cannabis bonsai, and they yeild huge, and L@@K fucking INSANE. Like buitiful fucking plants.

Check it out. For real. You would just use a t5 and small pots.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Keep humidity at 50%.
Keep them root bound.
Water weekly.

Bonsai Bro:cigar:

buddahslave

buddahslave

You could also clone the plants you have and keep the clones and get rid of the rest!

Dunge

Dunge

Bonsai it is!
I remember reading about root pruning and mother maintenance, but failed to put it together into this context.
The temptation will be to make them into house plants.
Thank you all for the reminder.
Stay tuned and we can all see what happens.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Bonsai it is!
I remember reading about root pruning and mother maintenance, but failed to put it together into this context.

Yea post pics when you get started. :) there gonna be so sweet with that much time off.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Bonsai it is!

bonsai is a bitch because if you slack there will be no lower growth. You need to top super early and keep topping minimum once every 4-7 days.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
bonsai is a bitch because if you slack there will be no lower growth. You need to top super early and keep topping minimum once every 4-7 days.

Yea but it's better than growing them out takeing clones, growing them out takeing clones, growing them out takeing clones.....

Or cutting lights and shit back, that seems kinda risky. Snipping some shit every week. Should be pretty simple, and cost efftive. Plus they will be healthy and ready to go when te time comes.

That was my thought on it.

Plus they will look cool. :)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yea but it's better than growing them out takeing clones, growing them out takeing clones, growing them out takeing clones.....

Or cutting lights and shit back, that seems kinda risky. Snipping some shit every week. Should be pretty simple, and cost efftive. Plus they will be healthy and ready to go when te time comes.

That was my thought on it.

Plus they will look cool. :)

Yeah I agree but like I said if you fuck up and get lazy, your plants will be too big. because there won't be any nodes that you can cut down to to keep it bonsai. I'm only talking from experience.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with Capulator, that's been my experience, along with the plant getting pretty hairy and weak by keeping it in that manner. I've inadvertently stopped/prevented my plants from growing by trying to get them to grow in too-cold conditions, and for what I perceive Dunge to be desiring, I think that method may work better. Of course, there's always the option of trying both ways to see what fits best for each person, right?

Dunge

Dunge

birth of a bonsai.
This is white fire #2, which I have been growing the longest of any in the stable, and it is the only keeper I have two of.
So I chopped her up.
DSCN3727

DSCN3728

I think it already looks better.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I agree with Capulator, that's been my experience, along with the plant getting pretty hairy and weak by keeping it in that manner. I've inadvertently stopped/prevented my plants from growing by trying to get them to grow in too-cold conditions, and for what I perceive Dunge to be desiring, I think that method may work better. Of course, there's always the option of trying both ways to see what fits best for each person, right?

Are you really telling him to try both ways.? :rolleyes: ..lets keep this about growing Seamaiden...ur so bad..:woot:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:p Yes, I'm telling him to try them out to see what FITS.

budboy299

budboy299

I put some plants into my cold cellar in the winter one time as I ran out of space. Cooooollllldddd
growth almost completely stopped as it was in the high 40s or low 50s

Top Bottom