Vegging for 3 Months... 8 foot Monsters... Need Advice

• Thread starter digging
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

digging

I have been vegging a bunch of Feminized Skunk Kush for the last three months under 24 hour light, and they have become 8ft monsters. Not too bad for my first grow!

The reason I let them grow so big as their main purpose was to produce a 1000 + clone cuttings.

Next weekend to coincide with when I have scheduled to transplant the clones outside for the summer grow season, I will be taking my cuttings for clones.

Since the plants are so big, what the heck, I am going to put them into flowering and get a half decent harvest from them to boot.

I have grown in soil, in 5 gallon pails.

So my question is, I understand they will grow 3 times while flowering, can I cut the top half of the plants to bring them to a normal size so they wont grow into 20 foot monsters at the end of flowering?

My ceiling height is only 9 foot 6 inches.

I am open to everyone's suggestion in how I should proceed.

Much thanks for your help.

M

MASSES 420KING

throw those monsters outdoors start flowering them now just augment the darkness by putting blackout covers over them for a few hours a night and bend the shit out of them instead of chopping it in half

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Chop them...take your cuttings and give them a couple weeks to recover before flowering..

R

robeartobrenton

if you take all your cuts, then you can just bend and supercrop all the branches to make it fit under your ceiling - look up supercropping... i agree tho unless you have a good setup inside just bring those bitches outside and give em the full lite

j wizzle

j wizzle

take your cuttings and then SCROG it. you could fill a 4x8 space with that monster and have like 50 tops

L

Lost

Why would you do a 4X8 scrog with a tree? You will produce 4 times more just throwing it outside.

I'd take my clones fron the top, top the top 2 feet if you like then plant those suckers outside.. 4 foot deep and 8 foot across.. That would make a nice spot for it :)

j wizzle

j wizzle

Why would you do a 4X8 scrog with a tree? You will produce 4 times more just throwing it outside.

he said his ceiling height was 9'6" so it seemed like he wanted to do something indoor...and if i have an 8 ft plant indoor with a 9ft ceiling, SCROG is the only answer IMO.

but yeah, obviously this thing would turn into a huge monster outdoor.

L

Lost

Ahh yea, if he's going to try to keep those inside he's going to need some bushmaster and cut like 4 feet off of it, lol..

Some reason I thought he was going to throw them outside, my bad :)

S

seamus

Get a good fix on where the door is in the room,couple of weeks time and you could get lost in there forever-brings a whole new meaning to sea of green,wow

J

Jalisco Kid

You will not get that much of a stretch with most kushes. Plus cutting that hard on a mom will reduce any strains stretch.

L

l0g1c4l

those are definitely the tallest trees i've seen indoors! that sh1t is hilarious! I wish I had some like that to put outdoors!

good luck brother

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Take the cuts from the top like lost mentioned. Don't cut off any of the small spindly branches at the bottom of the trunk. Save them and whatever other branches are 2 feet or less. There should be 10 or more if you never cut any. Then chop the trunk down as low as you can go without taking off the lower branches you saved. Now you will have like 2 foot or shorter little bushes that have the root system of an 8 foot tree. Let them veg and recover a week or so. Put tomato cages or fencing around them so the branches go through for support. those baranches won't be as strong as needed for the buds they will be making. Then switch to 12/12. It is gonna get crowded in there but it will be a lot better than now and you will get some huge buds off those bushes.

I do this outside in some spots where a tall plant is to noticeable. So I chop them down to only the lower little branches remain. Yes they look sad. But they recover and make super bushes that you can't really get any other way. Unless you really prune from seedling or clone to achieve it. All those little branches will get 8ft tree looking top colas on them. Like plastic Fred Flintstone wiffle ball bats. If you know what I mean. here....

http://www.ssww.com/item/big-bopper-fat-bat-W5740/

Z

zappafan99

How about taking cuttings, plant the mothers and all but a few clones outside and use the few left over cuttings to start your room anew. It would stagger your yields and clean your room up. If you got spider mites or something similar in that room now you would be crying as you type. It would be near impossible to keep contamination from mixing between plants. You basically have one large room sized plant! My 2 pennies. Best of luck digging.

D

digging

I ended up taking 1500 clones from these monsters, then cutting the top halves off, and put them outside for the season.

It will be interesting to see how they turn out at the end of the summer. They are growing real strong outside.

Can't wait !

devious d

devious d

Way to go Digging, 1500 little babies to be working with and 50 trees outside best of both mate, whats your plans for the clones ?:bong-hits:

Top Bottom