Vegging in Rockwool prior to ebb and flow

• Thread starter fishcabo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fishcabo

What I am thinking about doing is cutting down veg time in the ebb and flow. I have the ability to have two separate rooms, one for flower and one for veg. If one were to take clones from mother plants in the veg room while the flower room had about four weeks to go, they would be poking out roots in about a week from the small cubes. Could one then insert those into say 6 inch cubes and top feed them for about three weeks until the other room has completed its cycle? I would then harvest, clean my hydroton, start up the new flower cycle with well established clones that would take very little veg time until I could switch to flower. My question is, has anyone done this and how would you set up the large cubes (for watering, fert., etc.) so they could be placed into the hydroton medium later? T5 lighting for the veg room or even a 400w mh might be used. I appreciate any knowledge someone has on this. Thanks.

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

when you feel they have vegged enough what keeps you from moving them into the flowering room then? sort of a SOG you'll have perpetual harvests every X weeks depending on your vegging period

F

fishcabo

The budding plants in the flower room would be keeping me from moving the clones in. I am trying to almost eliminate the veg time in the flower room once one cycle is done. I want to put well established plants into the flower room instead of small clones. With ebb and flow, I have to clean out the trays between cycles so I couldn't just keep plugging them in.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
recently read a good article in urban gardner about doing this and putting the blocks on kinda wire mesh screens so the roots would be airpruned. basically fiiling the entire cube with roots and creating a very solid root ball. you may be able to find the article online. i think this will work for you.

JayBee

S

sickboy

What you are talking about doing is exactly what I do right now. You just have to time it right. Just like you said, 4 weeks before harvest, cut clones. In a week they'll be rooted. This leaves you 3 weeks in the veg room. When that 3 weeks is up, you'll harvest from the flowering room and those clones (thatve been veggin for 3 weeks) immediately take their place. Depending on the number of plants you're running and your space limitations, you can adjust this to veg for 2 weeks or 1 week. Whatever fits.

Top Bottom