Vegging in the UC system with a Blue Hortilux (MH)

• Thread starter smokey_waters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey_waters

Hi,

Would love some feedback on VEG TIME, LIGHT DISTANCE combined with WATTAGE vegging in the UC system with a dimmable 1000W ballast with a Blue Hortilux metal halide bulb.

Here's the set up: Taking 16 clones (4-6" high) from a dispensary resting under T5's and putting them in the UC system, 4 modules (8 gallons each) with 4 net pots in each module all under 1 Magnum XXXL 8" reflector with a metal halide Blue Hortilux. The ballast is dimmable so I'll be starting essentially with them under a 400MH bulb.

1) How high should the 400MH be from the top of the plant at day 1?
2) How long should I keep it at that height before lowering or raising to 600W?
3) How long again before lowering or raising to 1000W?

I hear the veg time in the UC system is like 1-2 weeks.

Here's my best guess...

Start at 36” from top of plant, after 2 days, drop to 30” from top of plant, after ? days up it to 600 MH, after ? days, up it to 1000 MH until plants are 18" high and 18" from the light.

S

smokey_waters

Maybe this question was too complicated.

How far should rooted clones be from a 400 MH bulb when first starting out in the UC system?
Thx,

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Maybe this question was too complicated.

How far should rooted clones be from a 400 MH bulb when first starting out in the UC system?
Thx,

No, but I bet this answer has been answered at least 5 times in the forums. Use the little button next to the new posts button, yeah the search one.

S

smokey_waters

Since the latter question was beneath you, maybe u could answer the first since no one ive read has plant distances and times using a dimmable ballast

B

Buddy Hemphill

No, but I bet this answer has been answered at least 5 times in the forums. Use the little button next to the new posts button, yeah the search one.

So you dont really know if this has been discussed or not, huh?

Then why TF would you tell him to use the search option?

Better yet....try to help the guy out with some real advice. The search feature doesn't answer everything.

S

smokey_waters

It's surprisingly not an easy answer to find. The figures I came up w/ took hrs of research

G

geoduck

Hi,

Would love some feedback on VEG TIME, LIGHT DISTANCE combined with WATTAGE vegging in the UC system with a dimmable 1000W ballast with a Blue Hortilux metal halide bulb.

Here's the set up: Taking 16 clones (4-6" high) from a dispensary resting under T5's and putting them in the UC system, 4 modules (8 gallons each) with 4 net pots in each module all under 1 Magnum XXXL 8" reflector with a metal halide Blue Hortilux. The ballast is dimmable so I'll be starting essentially with them under a 400MH bulb.

that's one sweet setup! post some pictures please; magnumxxl 8" is an overkill for the 400mh though. you don't need a 600w light for vegging unless you have a real 600w mh like me. hortilux blue will give you the healthiest looking plant ever you can use it from start to finish, if you don't consider the high cost this light is even better than cmh. don't worry about how high to hang it anywhere from 18" to 40" is fine as far as vegging is concerned. i'm more worried about your dispensary clones, if i were you i'd treat it with h2o2 and neem

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
smokey there is no perfect answer for you

lots of factors - how healthy were the planst going in - what kind of light where the under prior - was there transplant shock etc etc

really I would start them out at the 600 power

400 isnt gonna get you good coverage

put the light about 30-36 inches above - once you see them going for it (new growth) crank it up to 1000

then when they look like they are doing fine lower the lights to about 2 feet off

if air cooled 18" is the closest I like the lights to ever be - 24 inches is about where you need to be to get the full benefit of the reflector IMO

if they look start to shocky at any time raise the light or lower the setting

overall veg time will depnd on the strain (sativa grows much fatser then indica) and how healthy everything is

sometimes there are no hard and fast rules - you have to pay attention to what your plants want

Top Bottom