Vegging In Uc Not Going As Expected Or Is It? Ac Low Humidity

• Thread starter highland420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highland420

highland420

Thank you. Both. I will post a new pic tomorrow. Girls a r e still alive. A couple are just not playing the game.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You wont get stem rot if you root in an aero cloner and go in to a UC/RDWC system. The stem rot will come from the cube (rockwool or peat pellet). Please no insults back and forth it is disrespectful to highlands thread.

Highland you need to raise your RH to 70% in veg. Get a humidifier for this, and then kill the humidifier when the plants get big enough to keep RH up with their own transpiration. Then, fire up the dehumidifiers to keep RH around 60 until week 6, then come down to around 50 and stay there to harvest.

highland420

highland420

@Capulator I agree. Next run more humidity. less light for vegging. MH bulbs, lower number to minimize the shock? Maybe?
Humidity is hard to maintain with the size of the room and 4 cool mist humidifiers that empty quickly, daily. With the 5 ton A/C it's a learning curve, with this rooms size and method. You thoughts? Please.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Get a 12 head ultrasonic fogger off eBay, and a humidity controller. Look at gettogro's thread. Build a couple of em if anything. They put out serious fog.

F

FooDoo

Get a 12 head ultrasonic fogger off eBay, and a humidity controller. Look at gettogro's thread. Build a couple of em if anything. They put out serious fog.

This is exactly what I did after I saw @gettogro 's thread. LOVE the purchase

F

FooDoo

6 weeks.. pumped up to 210ppm adjusted ph 6.1

May I suggest you run a more acidic pH?

We've all seen this pH image right?

Nutrient chart 454

It was the first one I saw and I followed it for years . until last year when I came across a black and white version of this graph.

2rnagau

It made the first one look like a 5 year old with a crayon came up with it. The new graph shows that hydroponics works better with pH of 5.2-5.5. That's where clacium and mg and everything else get taken up the most. At 5.8 there's a bottle neck and then after 5.8 a lot of micros are harder to absorb.

I have tested this and seen the difference with my own two eyes. Just something to maybe consider

DapperDon

DapperDon

@highland420 i custom made a delivery manifold and hard pvc returns so i can exterenly mount my epi and equipment.

Im running gsc, from rooted clone , i did 21 day veg and now im at day 9 of 12/12 and theyre at 610 tds and looking like they could eat more. View attachment 480080

Here's the water level in the epi

View attachment 480083

30 days in high water. All full of stem rot and dying. totally unhealthy. Right?

View attachment 480084

View attachment 480085

View attachment 480086

View attachment 480087

Such a shame.... If only i had lowered that water level
This is a very nice setup. How are you able to not have any issues by having your water levels so high? I should have asked that instead of being a dick about it. Sorry about that. But I am interested to know that as well as your ph levels. You showed a graph to where you are keeping your ph lower? How are the results?

EDIT: Is that an ultrasonic fogger? What are your RH levels with/without it ?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The foggers come from www.mainlandmart.com They sell the whole machine if you don't want to build your own. Or, you may buy only foggers and a computer fan, with a plastic tote and float valve.

If you go this route it is critical to use RO or distilled water. Otherwise you will get calcium deposits all over your room and in all of your equipment.

F

FooDoo

This is a very nice setup. How are you able to not have any issues by having your water levels so high? I should have asked that instead of being a dick about it. Sorry about that. But I am interested to know that as well as your ph levels. You showed a graph to where you are keeping your ph lower? How are the results?

EDIT: Is that an ultrasonic fogger? What are your RH levels with/without it ?

Its all good. We are only human and i come off more of an ass than a gentleman myself most of the time as well lol.

I started with rumpleforeskin type bubble buckets, and ALWAYS kept water level one or two inches *under* the net pot like you said. Amazing root growth and worked really well. When I went to under current, I kept doing the low water level but would notice it would completely harm my girls. First few days in veg were a nightmare. The roots couldn't drink or eat and the tips would turn brown and dry out. First 5 or so days would take a beautiful healthy clone and turn it into a starving hurting cut.

So I decided, instead of making the roots search for water, I'll bring the water right to the roots. Ever since bringing the water level up higher, the cuts take off like rockets. They dont start tl get deficient, they don't stall out first few days of veg, and the roots explode like crazy.

As for pH. I was like OP and kept veg pH high around 6.0. The gsc more so than my deadhead cut, showed massive def at 6.0. I brought it down to 5.5 and instanly the color started to fill into my leaves. GSC has been pickier, and more hungry than any cut or seed I've ever ran, and has been an awesome learning experience so far.

For the ultrasonic fogger, without it, the air conditioner would drop my RH to 29-33%. Because there's no water in the air, the ac also couldn't cool and temps in the room would go to 88. Even with that, I was able to harvest 1.5 units per 1k of super top shelf deadhead og. This is my very first run with the humidifier and now I'm at 70-75% RH. Once humidity went up, the 88 degree room cooled instantly to 79-81 degrees.

That's where I'm at now. Daytime time is 81 max with 70-75% RH.

Its a little nerve racking being so humid but I trust the guys on this forum and the more I read about vpd, the more I wanted to attempt correct vpd values in the room.

I honestly still have no idea if or how to apply vpd to night time temps. I have it set to 71 with 45% humidity because anything lower than 45 tacos my leaves at night and anything higher scares me lol

I'm honestly still learning day in and day out

F

FooDoo

Here's daytime temp / rh

IMG 20150131 210657404 HDR

Nighttime

IMG 20150201 151726146

I'll be setting the dehumid to 55% for nighttime after getting some advice from sea maiden

Here's a shot of the room. When the lights flip on, it'll be day 13 of bloom. Only 8 gallon buckets with 7 foot ceiling

IMG 20150201 152608162

Here's TDs and pH. Tds was higher but they've been eating like crazy.

IMG 20150201 152502011 HDR

highland420

highland420

Post over here. Getting ready to flip these girlz. Added in some early bloom this week.

IMG 2519
Top Bottom