vegging under vertical, flowering under horizontal

• Thread starter gezzel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gezzel

I'm trying to setup my vegging room now and want to drop bare vertical metal halides. I'm putting 15 lights and will probably do 12 mh/3hps all 1k.

My question is will i have a problem vegging under bare vertical bulbs then flowering under adjust-a-wing horizontal reflectors?

T

TopDog

Light is light whether it comes vertical or horizontal. But you did not explain why you need them to be different??

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Why would you want to develop extreme side branching to change to light over the canopy only?
Please explain the outcome you are hoping for and I may be of more assistance.

A generic answer would be, that this is the wrong path to follow. Vertical lighting stimulates lateral branching from the bottom up. Considering the fact that tops/colas are the most desired part of the plant. I would have to argue that wasting time/power/light energy on developing bud sites that will never receive enough light/photosynthetic energy to produce adequate flowers is a notion best left in question form.
With that being said, if your purpose was.... to veg plants to the point of explosion with vert lighting, in order to prepare for the summer ahead of us...I would have to say you are a genius.
FJ

G

gezzel

Why would you want to develop extreme side branching to change to light over the canopy only?
Please explain the outcome you are hoping for and I may be of more assistance.

A generic answer would be, that this is the wrong path to follow. Vertical lighting stimulates lateral branching from the bottom up. Considering the fact that tops/colas are the most desired part of the plant. I would have to argue that wasting time/power/light energy on developing bud sites that will never receive enough light/photosynthetic energy to produce adequate flowers is a notion best left in question form.
With that being said, if your purpose was.... to veg plants to the point of explosion with vert lighting, in order to prepare for the summer ahead of us...I would have to say you are a genius.
FJ

I have 4 flower rooms.
2 are being used for UC + vertical bare lighting. (12 lights, 10 plants a room)
2 are being used for adjust-a-wing + soil. (10 lights, 95 plants a room).

I have a bigger room i want to turn into a veg, but am unsure if i want to spend the extra money buying 15-20 hoods for vegging or if i can get away with just dropping the bulbs into the room... Ideally i guess i should split the veg into 2 sections, one side w/ hoods and the other with vertical bulbs.

I guess i could also keep the barebulbs higher above the tops to promote more canopy growth

U

username09

i was told not to veg under horizontal then flower under vert. i didn't ask why but, i was told if you wanna grow vert then do it in both veg and flower.

Top Bottom