Veins getting brown spots and spreading quickly

• Thread starter ilovethatstinky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilovethatstinky

They are in soil 4 weeks into flowering. It started with one or two leaves and now its starting to progress to more. Some plants have it worse than others.

fuwNn.jpg

G

growhard

Where is the worst damage, at the top or bottom of the plant?

D

dmtcorey

if your growing in soil flush with water only, at a ph of 6.5 .if your using a soil~less medium flush with water only,at a ph of 5.8 ,i like to flush for a few days with soil and maybe 5 of 6 feedings if soil~less . after thats all done start your nuts back up with a lower strangth and slowly feed more to see where your strain becomes sensitive and then you no your limit .
most problems come from your ppm and ph being incorrect !
peace out !

K

Kushmaster

I promise you that you have a magnesium defficency and you should buy some Epson salt and add about 2 teaspoons per gallon. If this defficency proggresses you will be left with no fan leaves which will effect your overall production. I might be a trial user but im promise you im right :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think he needs both calcium and magnesium. The calcium causes the brown spots and the leaf edge necrosis. The magnesium causes the interveinal chlorosis. At least, that's how I've always read it (the leaves, that is).
Where is the worst damage, at the top or bottom of the plant?
Good question, and good call on the question.

Based on the size of the leaves, the red petioles, interveinal chlorosis along with the spotting I think you have a combination uptake and deficiency problem. This is without knowing what you've been feeding, how hot or how frequently.

Foliar with a good Ca/Mg supplement, should help all those issues. The damaged leaves will not regenerate, but your goal is to prevent further deterioration which is a sign that the plant is using up stored reserves and is running out of this extremely vital elements. That plays into other things because all of these minerals/elements have reactions that are what comprises life processes.

G

growhard

Agreed.... epsom salts or Cal Mag. I've never used epsom salts but I had this problem with some babies when I forgot to ad Cal Mag once.... they slowed down so fast that I replaced them entirely.
The fan leaves die from the bottom up?
You are still getting some growth out of the top, but your side branch growth is stunted? Cal Mag is the answer.

greenorganic

greenorganic

Im growing In an organic soil mix that I made with promix and compost with a bunch of dry amendments. These ladies are outdoors and started flowing about 2-3 weeks ago. The soil ph is reading really low like 4. Ive been adding dolimite lime to try and bring it up but its still low like 4-5. im assuming this is a cal problem because of ph. Does anyone agree?

IMG 0893
IMG 0895
IMG 0894
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do not add anything.
This is a pH issue. Get it up to 6.3 - 6.5 in soil.
The plant can not uptake the mag because the pH is way off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom