Vent Ducting

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

whats the best way to run your vent ducting to get the air out of the grow room. and where do you run it? dryer vent? chimmney? etc. just wondering. now the air getting vented will be vented thro a 38 special can filter. will this exhaust still have an oder to it or is it clean air? i have the fan and 6in ducting ready now and also a a reducer and some 4in venting that is ready to be run and im just trying to find th best way to do this even if it is the hardest. thanks all. much love

RD:cool0041:

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

you could vent out lots of places. pick the best one for your situation, looks at your options sometimes you need to cut a hole in the wall maybe you can vent out a window or into another room perhaps. Just look around and see what fits best for your set up. There still might be some odor left after its exhausted what I do is set a jar of ona pro at either my intake or right in front of my exhaust blowing over it and that takes care of any smell.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I would say wherever possible,if you have attic space,that would be good,as long as its going through your filter properly,it should eliminate most if not all the odor,like LordDankinstein said whatever best fits for you and extra odor protection is never a bad idea.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah thanks guys. i was just saying that last night to my sexy lady, that if there was alil odor i would just put some ona infront of where its exhuasted and that should take care of the rest of the smell.:fixed:

B

BudBlazer

Im pulling from my crawl space and venting into the attic. I cut 5" holes in the floor and ceiling and ran the tubing through the holes and sealed them up. In the floor I made a sliding door so I can control the air flow coming into my tent. It works great and allows me to somewhat control temps as well.

R

Radio_Dread

I Also just got a reducer to take the 6in vent down to 4in and i got 15 ft of 4in vent and i also got a "Y" connector too so i could easy split the dryer vent and use that to vent both the dryer and room heat...good idea? any chance of back draft?:afroweed:

RD

T

TheGanjaMan

You should not really down size you duct. It will not allow the fan to run at its fullest. So i would stay away from the 4" and stick with the 6".What i usually do i vent it into a cold room or the basement(heat rises). Just look around and figure out what will work best. You filter will remove most of the smell but it never hurts to have a bit of extra odor control.

TGM

C

Cordell

Once you know if there is a smell vent the heat into the house in winter and under a deck or something that will spread it out so you don't have a F.L.I.R. image.

Top Bottom