Ventalation help for frow tent

• Thread starter blaznboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blaznboi

HELLO,

I have a 48*48*72 grow tent with a 400watt mh/hps light and electronic ballast. I bought a 4' inline fan with carbon filter as a combo pushing 190 cfm, i was going to use this as my exhaust/extract and use a 6' inline fan pushing 240 cfm for intake then i thought is this okay or should i i use the 4' for intake and 6' for exhaust and just get an adapter so it can fit to my 4' carbon filter. please help me decide

T

theguapo

if i was you I would passively feed the tent and use the 4" to actively exhaust the tent.

supercharged

supercharged

yh defo smaller intake bigger outtake, i like to keep negative pressure in my tent mate

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

Using the 6in to cool the light and the 4in/filter to remove remaining heat and bring in fresh air makes more sense. Much more efficient.
Fred

D

Disco Duck

I am using the same size tent, a DR 120, but with a 600w light. You definatley want the filter and 4' on the roof, exhausting the tent. Then turn the two low front ports into passive intakes. Then use the 6" fan to cool the light. I put my 6' fan outside the tent. There are high center ports on each side to run the ducting through and out the other side.

This keeps the heat from the light pumping out of the tent area, and the independant exhaust on the rood exchanges the air inside the tent. Your tent roof can't take the weight of a filter, 2 fans, and a light. The best option, I think, is to put the 6" fan outside the tent. I just bought a step ladder to hang the fan from outside the tent.

Top Bottom