vented nanolux de lights not turning on

• Thread starter fifty6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fifty6

fifty6

I just moved all my equipment to a new building and went to start the lights but they wont turn on. only thing I can think of is it was 45 degrees in the room last night as we havent got the heat hooked up yet. do they not light up when it's cold in the room or should i be looking at something else. i do have power to each light. o already checked that. thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did you given 10-20min? I know my HPS if I unplug and plug back takes a while to come back on. I'm not experienced with HID. It's at another buddies house and I only go there once a week. I literally have about 15 mins of experience with them

fifty6

fifty6

I let them on for probably 10 minutes I'll leave them on longer right now and see what I can come up with

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Mine have a restart delay too. But if the voltage is correct I'd check the breaker first and then the pigtail power supply, sometimes they wiggle loose enough from the ballast to cut out power but still look plugged in.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Do your ballasts have any indicator lights? My phantoms blink in different patterns to communicate different issues.

fifty6

fifty6

I let turned them on for about an hour checked voltage at the end of the cord and still didnt turn on. I havent seen any indicator lights inside them. i literally had all 9 lights working at my house 2 weeks ago with all the same equipment. didnt beat them up moving them over and now they wont work. would there be a reset button inside them maybe?

fifty6

fifty6

ok. I plugged them into 120v and they turn on. something is wierd with the 240 volt even though it says it has it. wondering if i need a ground and a neutral? even though there on the same thing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok. I plugged them into 120v and they turn on. something is wierd with the 240 volt even though it says it has it. wondering if i need a ground and a neutral? even though there on the same thing.
I can't remember 100% but I don't think 240 should have neutral or ground

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
240 has a ground but it usually wont have a neutral, you still use 2 ir 3 wire Romex for 240v circuits. You just get 2 hot wires and a ground Instead of 1 hot, 1 neutral and a ground.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

240 has a ground but it usually wont have a neutral, you still use 3 wire Romex for 240v circuits. You just get 2 hot wires and a ground Instead of 1 hot, 1 neutral and a ground.
Yeah that's right 240 2hots and a ground... 120 you need a neutral. Like I say not very experienced in electrical .

fifty6

fifty6

yea. I have 6-2 wire. black and white to hots then the bare wire to ground. just not sure why my 240v isn't working. even tried an old ballast and that still didnt work on the 240v

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I presume you've tested the individual poles in the outlets with a voltmeter to verify both sides are pushing 120v?
Might have a faulty breaker or something simple.

fifty6

fifty6

tested the outlets to ground and have 120 on both legs. its mind boggling as hell. I've hooked up quite a few breaker boxes and never had any issues. this is the first homeline instead of qo I've used and now it doesnt work.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's bizzare. Can you find anything else 240 that will fit the plug to try it with to make sure it's a ballast problem? Seems to me it has to be if you've got 120 both sides.
Sounds frustrating as hell man.

fifty6

fifty6

we tried a ballast that works at the other house and that didnt work. plugged it in at the other house and worked again. I've called a couple electricians and there confused as hell also.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Only thing I can think of is maybe somehow both hot poles are coming off the same bus in the breaker box and both legs in the outlet are on the same phase rather than alternating?

Have you inspected the breaker connections?

Latest posts

Top Bottom