Ventilation/AC

• Thread starter mrsgreenbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrsgreenbuds

Hi need some advice/thoughts, my plan was to run my room with the equipment below, given what i know, i.e specs exhaust and induction i thought i had all bases covered, turns out the i don't. Temps
outside are no where near where they should be and the room is showing signs that it could over heat. what is my AC options here. I have very limited space left and $ are on the thin side.

Room
:
9ft x 11ft
reflective insulation
water chiller (resun cl650) for RDWC
4x1000w , mh- veg, hps- flower (maybe combine)
Vertical bare bulbs
Environment:
Autopilot greenhouse master controller
1052cfm exhaust
550cfm intro fan
Cooling = 0 degrees outside

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

sounds like a great new set up you have in the works.. i just built a new 4k as well, cant wait to see what tips people have here for ya.. good vibes to you and the new room

sixstring

sixstring

i see you listed a chiller,not sure how big it is but you can use one or 2 of these to cool lights or just the room.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Innovations-904490-Ice-6-Inch/dp/B002JLAC3I

I have seen them setup on the last light in a run and the air comes out into the room as nice cool air.it was -2f here this morning ,I use that cold air to regulate my room in the winter months with a 6 inch vortex pulling it in cooling 8900 watts in a 12' x 20' .good luck

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
M

mrsgreenbuds

thanks @HeadKracker needing the good vibes ATM.

@sixstring I'm hanging bare vertical bulbs, not sure how running these would reduce the heat enough to cool the 4000w.

sixstring

sixstring

thanks @HeadKracker needing the good vibes ATM.

@sixstring I'm hanging bare vertical bulbs, not sure how running these would reduce the heat enough to cool the 4000w.
HOw big is your chiller, horse power/btu ?
If you go to hydro innovation ' website they have a couple vid on how to use chillers to cool the whole grow op.just saying if yours is big enough you may as well use it for everything.

where in the he'll is @ttystikk when you need him :)

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

i built a lung/bladder room thats about 3x 12 then built my room off that... so there a basement window in the bladder rooom i keep kracked open... then a 12 inch max fan sucking thru a carbon filter exhausting air outta grow room.. i cut a 10 inch on one side and a 8 inch on the other... then put hepa furnace filters over the inlets , on the outside of grow room wall.so just passive intake from the negative pressure inside room... dont hear any fans from outside that way... have the 12 inch fan on a temp controller and dont even have the hood fans plugged in.. and temps have been perfect... pretty much whatever i set the controller too.. hope this isnt confusing...lol... not the best at describing details sometimes

M

mrsgreenbuds

@MysteryChild you think one of those mobile split systems will cover it ?? 13300BTU ?? I can pick one up pretty cheap..
http://www.i-comparateur.com/acheter-x10p0062229.htm

@sixstring chiller is 650w BTU 2411??

@HeadKracker unfortunately I don't have any extra space, I've over crowded the room as it is. I currently have my intake and exhaust running constantly, it's maintaining 79f but that's with just 1 bulb running. adding 3 more, plus when the HPS make and appearance that's gonna crank it up even further...

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

in my other 4k i run a 22,000 btu mitsubishi mini splitt and no matter how hot it gets outside that room pretty much stays perfect.. ive learned the hard way to always go bigger than ya think with AC and dehumidifiers.. .

your room is 9x11 so thats 99 square feet.. just a guess , say its 7 feet tall.. that gives you 693 cubic feet...with only 550 cfm intake you would turning the air over less than once a minute.. seems to me more intake and more exhuast would help... especially if you are in cold climate and pullin air from outside? just trying to offer some ideas that may help

M

mrsgreenbuds

@MysteryChild have you got a link ? I'm not based in the US

M

mrsgreenbuds

in my other 4k i run a 22,000 btu mitsubishi mini splitt and no matter how hot it gets outside that room pretty much stays perfect.. ive learned the hard way to always go bigger than ya think with AC and dehumidifiers.. .

your room is 9x11 so thats 99 square feet.. just a guess , say its 7 feet tall.. that gives you 693 cubic feet...with only 550 cfm intake you would turning the air over less than once a minute.. seems to me more intake and more exhuast would help... especially if you are in cold climate and pullin air from outside? just trying to offer some ideas that may help

I got 9ft ceilings, given the current capabilities of the fans i think the easy fix would be a AC keep the existing fans to circulate fresh air when needed.. i think it will stop the headaches and and potentially save me $, plus there's the upside of running co2 with the closed space..

J

Jalisco Kid

You have 0* out side temps that will handle the lights btu's. Your a/c will depend on summer temps. On the ocean in socal I use 5k btu/1k light. if it goes over 95 I will use 6k/1k. JK

M

mrsgreenbuds

@Jalisco Kid Temps are 50f outside now, they were 32f. sorry i am in Celsius. just running the 1 bulb is borderline. I was thinking a mobile mini split would fit me perfect for my space limited space, but the biggest i can find is 13350 btu. Thanks for the 5k comparison, i think i read a past post of yours stating that, just need ideas on AC that can plug in and have to btu to support my heat..

J

Jalisco Kid

I used some mini splits 36000 btu with 2 air handlers. Look for those, they can be set up to be somewhat mobile. The mobile units are not designed for capacity we need, good for a small tent maybe. JK

M

mrsgreenbuds

Looking into it now just trying to find something that i can squeeze into the budget, what about 2 , 3.3kw portables with the small connected compressor??

Top Bottom