Ventilation Help Needed

• Thread starter Doobie_45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Doobie_45

Doobie_45

Hey everyone,

I need some help figuring out the ventilation. My grow tent stays way too hot to me and my plants liking when it’s closed.
Temps stay at 86-88 closed so I’ve been having to leave her open and she’ll stay at 78-80.

My concern aside from the tent is that my grow room moves air very poorly due to not having a return.

I’m thinking of running the exhaust into my attic and lifting up the passive intakes (flaps) and close her up. Would that fix my heat problem?

Tent: 2x4x5 Vivosun
Light: Mars Hydro SP250
Fans : two small 4 inch fans on the light and driver, one oscillating fan on the bottom.

Thanks guys

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hey everyone,

I need some help figuring out the ventilation. My grow tent stays way too hot to me and my plants liking when it’s closed.
Temps stay at 86-88 closed so I’ve been having to leave her open and she’ll stay at 78-80.

My concern aside from the tent is that my grow room moves air very poorly due to not having a return.

I’m thinking of running the exhaust into my attic and lifting up the passive intakes (flaps) and close her up. Would that fix my heat problem?

Tent: 2x4x5 Vivosun
Light: Mars Hydro SP250
Fans : two small 4 inch fans on the light and driver, one oscillating fan on the bottom.

Thanks guys
yes you can do that but if you cut a tube of some sort I used a large hard plastic drink bottle cut off top n bottom of bottle get some black stockings put the tube you have made in the black stocking and then upon up one of the round holes you will have at bottom of the tent , open it up and stick the stocking covered tube and tie off the ties have tube with black stocking becomes your passive air intake I keep my flaps down and taped shut the tube idea works well with the exhaust fan sucking hot air out at top sucking in passive cool air from bottom .

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Any inline fan will do... I like to use a little controller on it to be able to adjust flow...but like @One drop mentioned, you want to make sure the flow of air in and out is equal to eliminate negative pressure in your tent.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Mainly dust don’t have many problems with bugs very easy simple fix .

Dan789

Dan789

Hot glue some cheese cloth to the ends of some short pieces of flexible ducting, use them passively through the top or bottom tent openings...

CE74E18A 2E0D 438E B8E2 0A16B9D8E872
Top Bottom