Ventilation Question for in shed room

• Thread starter crpowell67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crpowell67

crpowell67

I am designing a 3x3 grow room in a 16x20 Shed, was wondering if a Solar Powered Roof Mounted Exhaust Attic Fan will work it is 365CFM. the plan is to hook the carbon filter inside the room and route it to the attic fan.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I agree with Trips, unless you are heating the grow with the heat from HID lighting.

Many years ago, when I live in Illegal Land, I had a 6' x 7' grow room in my unheated attic. The room was insulated, but if I let the fan go, 24/7, the plants would freeze in the winter when the lights went out. I had the fan plugged into a thermostat that went on whenever the temperature got above about 82 F.

Not that you would do that, but it is possible to only run the fan during "lights on." It will depend, of course, on whether the shed stinks up the place, due to the fan going off at night.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I agree with Trips, unless you are heating the grow with the heat from HID lighting.

Many years ago, when I live in Illegal Land, I had a 6' x 7' grow room in my unheated attic. The room was insulated, but if I let the fan go, 24/7, the plants would freeze in the winter when the lights went out. I had the fan plugged into a thermostat that went on whenever the temperature got above about 82 F.

Not that you would do that, but it is possible to only run the fan during "lights on." It will depend, of course, on whether the shed stinks up the place, due to the fan going off at night.
If you don't run the exhaust 24/7 in flower you risk bud rot tho.

Top Bottom