Ventilation Question

• Thread starter sweetolmaryjane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetolmaryjane

hey guys and gals. I am wondering what you all think. I guess I'm looking for reassurance or any tips.
4x4 room
2 600 watt HPS with cool tubes on each light
going to be a 6 inch vortex fan to cool both bulbs
There is a filter on the fan which may be removed for more air flow if needed
I am hoping the 6 inch vortex would pull enough air to keep 2 bulbs cool in a 4x4 room

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

My opinion on this is. It's a 4x4 roomw. A 600 watt bulb will cover that 4x4 room just fine. But 2 of them is adding extra heat and hardware and such. I would replace those 2 600 Watters with 1 1000 watt and you will be ok. Anyone have something else to add?

S

sweetolmaryjane

thanks for the input but that's not an option. With the equipment listed, 459 cfm 6 inch vortex fan pulling through 2, 600 watt lights in cool tubes. is that enough? not enough? too much?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I run a 6" can fan pulling through my 2 600 watt cool tunes as well and sucking hot air from my other room. I also have it cooled with an air conditioner

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

How are u gonna fit 2 hoods Ina small ass 4x4 room? Shit one of my big kahuna hoods is almost 4x4. Lol

S

sweetolmaryjane

actually they fit just perfectly, if they were one inch bigger they wouldn't fit

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you are just fine with that equipment. The 6" can won't eliminate all the heat produced by the bulbs though. So keep that in mind.
thats right, it will kool the room and bulbs mainly. But you get IR energy that will heat up the canopy and room even pulling 9000 cfm. Be sure to provide some fans as well for the oscillating fans for the canopy.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Don't forget as well. I heard this and it makes sense. Bulbs burn hot. When you cool them down you could potentially lose lumens . So that's why I pull hot air from the ceiling through my ducting and through my bulbs. It takes room air and bulb air but isn't shocking the bulbs . Donno how true this is but I hear things , add it up and it makes sense

S

sweetolmaryjane

Thanks for the input. It is still too hot. a foot and a half down from the ceiling is at 92. while it is 82 at around 4 feet
Which is still way to hot. Some more oscillating fans will help?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Yep fans will move the air, won't cool it much though. Air conditionerrrrrr

Winged Sun

Winged Sun

So no tent exhaust, only lights? Can you run a splitter on your exhaust and duct out your tent too? Even better add an inline booster to the line you have ducting out your tent. Cheaper than adding another 6 inch exhaust, and its a small rent2.

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

i rock a 6" s-line vortex (349 cfm) and it does 2 1000w just fine. It has a nice mounting system and built in dampner. You need an exhaust. Big fan of hyperfans for energy consumption and build in speed controller. Rock the 8" and dial it down for a quiet exhaust.

S

sweetolmaryjane

8 inch exhaust for a 4x4 room sounds like over kill. a couple fans were added and it brought the temp down 10 degrees. its hot at the top of the tent and cool at the bottom so the fan worked very well. There was a fan in there before but now there is a bigger better one. problem solved

Latest posts

Top Bottom