Ventilation Questions: Help Please

• Thread starter Sencinitas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sencinitas

Hi. I'm setting up my first grow. I have a 5.5'x3.5'x7.5' tent. I'm going to run a 1000 w light.

My question is how many cfm's do I need to properly ventilate my room?

I've searched all over the place and can't get a solid answer on how many times I should exchange the air. I've seen everything from 5x a minute - 5x an hour. I live in Coastal So Cal, we have a pretty mild climate.

Also, can anyone recommend a good fan? Its in my apartment living room so I want it to be as quiet as possible. I bought a 4" Vortex (177CFM) but Im not sure if I need that much power and I'd like to have something quieter. I've been looking in to the Panasonic Whisper Line, but it's kind of pricey.

hiboy

hiboy

Isnt panasonic whisper a house bathroom fan?
I would def. use the 4" vortex fan . You can buy a speedster control to slow the fan down, thus reducing noise, amount of air exchange, electrical usage.
hiboy

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
once you have the fan hookep up it will be quieter - my formula has always been once every three minutes - but thats for smell and not for cooling

177 cfm will exhange the air in your tent basically once a minute - but thats the minimum youll prolly need to keep things kool in there really

Cort

Cort

Get a speed controller and fire that light up. seal the tent and check the temps inside. If you need the fan going very fast I'd opt for the 6 inch fan so you can have your rpms lower, thus being quieter.

Also, you can use insulated ducting to further dampen the fan noise. Even one step beyond would be to use a bungee cord (or something similar) to mount the fan so you have no metal to metal contact. Even further still, some have used a car stereo product called Dynamat to reduce the sounds produced by the fan.

I have a 6 inch value line hooked up to 1k light, tent and carbon scrubber. Added a speed control and its quiet as can be. I think the humming caused by the speed controller is louder than the fan or moving air sounds.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol yeah using a bungee is a given - should have mentioned that - good call cort

O

organicfreak

look into water cooling allows you to keep room sealed for co2

Latest posts

Top Bottom