Ventilation/Recirc ideas- tell me what you think

• Thread starter Underground
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Underground

I have an idea for a ventilation system. I don't have a garden or anything but would like to someday. My idea would start off with an old air handler that could be run at low and high speed. It would constantly run at low speed for circulation, and would switch to high when cooling was needed. Instead of a condenser and an evaporator, I would like to bury several hundred feet of pex and have a geo-thermal cooling system. I would like to make some sort of a voltage compareing circuit to compare my supply and return line temps and use that info to control the circulator flow to get maximum cooling. I would have to run a dehum as well.

I would build my own filter system consisting of different filters and a repackable carbon filter all in the return plenum.

If I did this there would be no condensor mounted outside for the AC system. I could run a completely sealed room underground with co2.

I have thought about setting up a fresh air intake to run in conjunction with the air handler. I would probably set up my own ERV in reverse on the exhaust. I would use outside air to acclimate the exhaust to the outside temps so the heat signature would be minimized. Depending on the outside air temp, the air that acclimated the exhaust would either be dumped back into the atmosphere or fed into another ERV that is supplying the fresh air to the room. Basically there would be an ERV acclimating the exhaust to the outside air and another acclimating the fresh air to the environmental air. This should help the disadvantaged geo-thermal cooling system keep the room cool as well as provide fresh air.

My thoughts are to only run that part of the system at certain intervals and mostly only at night.

I figure I don't have a room now, so if I do build one eventually I may as well design it like I want it rather than drape some plastic over old furniture.

Too ambitious?

Top Bottom