Ventilation what should i get?

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I have a vivosun tent and alot of the parts that go with it.... I just started popping seeds they are auto my first grow..... my temp has been sitting at the highest 91 but usual mid 80s inside tent humidity is always around 35 to 45%rh . So I want my setup done correctly I've been taking my time getting everything and thought an October start would help... guess not.... I dont have alot of money.... but I can make it work... so please if you will help me understand I've been reading but not understanding....
Ventilation what should i get

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I have a vivosun tent and alot of the parts that go with it.... I just started popping seeds they are auto my first grow..... my temp has been sitting at the highest 91 but usual mid 80s inside tent humidity is always around 35 to 45%rh . So I want my setup done correctly I've been taking my time getting everything and thought an October start would help... guess not.... I dont have alot of money.... but I can make it work... so please if you will help me understand I've been reading but not understanding....View attachment 902213

I have had good luck with these. Humidity & temp alarm and triggers. Comes with controller that can run two.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZXWN3BG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Happy Farming!...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also in terms of filters activated carbon is not one and the same there are many different types and qualities. It makes a difference when performing in higher humidity, life span and effectiveness. I like phresh filters but I'm sure others have ones they can recommend also.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Also in terms of filters activated carbon is not one and the same there are many different types and qualities. It makes a difference when performing in higher humidity, life span and effectiveness. I like phresh filters but I'm sure others have ones they can recommend also.

True That!! i purchased some cheap canisters because "the price was right" however within 6 weeks i had mold growing on the outside filter material. I figured it was also in the charcoal so i dunked the whole thing in clorox water and let them dry. That worked for another 3 weeks then the entire thing got plugged. When i did the autopsy, there was mold in between the charcoal bits. From my marine fish tank days i know that is because the size of the bits they used was too small for the amount of humid air i was pushing through it.

And more to AquaMans point it was also probably made with a low/poor quality charcoal to start with.

Spend a little more and buy quality. I should also note that there are some that are WAY over priced, As usual. i tend to stay away from the units on either end of the price range unless i get several good recommendations.

These are the ones i have been using. I seem to getting good life, 1 year without issue so far. I have read a lot of good things about IPower since.

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Scrub...TYK6RTCB1XV&psc=1&refRID=NNCVA0YKMTYK6RTCB1XV

I am sure there will be other recommendations to review.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See your running DWC. I run RDWC so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them.

Your RH is a bit low so a small humidifier for the first 2-3 weeks should help. After that with the growth rates in hydro you should have no problem keeping them up around 60% and controlling with the fan that @AnselAdams linked.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I wanted to show you guys the set up so far.... vivosun tent 4×4×7, LED Fineest 1000w with remote for spectrum and timer setting, obviously 5 gal dwc with the 2×4 airstone, so up top I listened to the advice given to me and I got the ac infinity t6 6" inline fan( have to love the controller and probe I have it figured out for the needs at hand for now.) Then for the carbon filter I just went with vivosun. I did have the noise silencer 6" but it would fit in the tent altogether for my liking.... what are some more ways of utilizing controllers? I would love to get it to almost fully auto but not I'm still checking on her and all....
20191108 161713

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I wanted to show you guys the set up so far.... vivosun tent 4×4×7, LED Fineest 1000w with remote for spectrum and timer setting, obviously 5 gal dwc with the 2×4 airstone, so up top I listened to the advice given to me and I got the ac infinity t6 6" inline fan( have to love the controller and probe I have it figured out for the needs at hand for now.) Then for the carbon filter I just went with vivosun. I did have the noise silencer 6" but it would fit in the tent altogether for my liking.... what are some more ways of utilizing controllers? I would love to get it to almost fully auto but not I'm still checking on her and all....View attachment 908270

Excellent choice. I agree with you regarding the the probe and controller.

You may find this useful. I certainly do. I have four of them. https://getpulse.co/buy/ There is a phone app and the data is retained online.

These are pricey but accurate and they make my life easier. I have three. They cannot be monitored via the web; however they do have a phone app that allows you to see the last twenty-four hours from anywhere. Data is retained on your computer in a spreadsheet:

Sample OutPut.

2019 11 09 18 39 39
2019 11 09 18 40 21
Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I wanted to show you guys the set up so far.... vivosun tent 4×4×7, LED Fineest 1000w with remote for spectrum and timer setting, obviously 5 gal dwc with the 2×4 airstone, so up top I listened to the advice given to me and I got the ac infinity t6 6" inline fan( have to love the controller and probe I have it figured out for the needs at hand for now.) Then for the carbon filter I just went with vivosun. I did have the noise silencer 6" but it would fit in the tent altogether for my liking.... what are some more ways of utilizing controllers? I would love to get it to almost fully auto but not I'm still checking on her and all....View attachment 908270

Curious question. Are you venting tent air to the outside or drawing outside air in?

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Curious question. Are you venting tent air to the outside or drawing outside air in?
Currently neither I'm only running one girl and venting into my room and intake is by my closet and I have fans in room pointed at intake port... my temps have been at like right now 76f at 42%RH with my ac infinity t6 fan on stage 6 or 7.... I keep my a/c on with clean filters.... seems to be going alright

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Currently neither I'm only running one girl and venting into my room and intake is by my closet and I have fans in room pointed at intake port... my temps have been at like right now 76f at 42%RH with my ac infinity t6 fan on stage 6 or 7.... I keep my a/c on with clean filters.... seems to be going alright

I apologize my question was worded poorly. However your answer provided the information i was looking for.

I think you will find that you have more control drawing the air from within the tent into the surrounding room. Using your probes to activate the fan to draw out the heat or humidity as needed. Last but not least it will remove the a/c unit to the outside of the tent, thus avoiding the humidity that can shorten the life of the fan. This will also give you more room inside the tent itself as a bonus. 🍻 You may need it (speaking from experiences in my current grow) .
😏
I wish i had your room....

20191112 165643
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I apologize my question was worded poorly. However your answer provided the information i was looking for.

I think you will find that you have more control drawing the air from within the tent into the surrounding room. Using your probes to activate the fan to draw out the heat or humidity as needed. Last but not least it will remove the a/c unit to the outside of the tent, thus avoiding the humidity that can shorten the life of the fan. This will also give you more room inside the tent itself as a bonus. 🍻 You may need it (speaking from experiences in my current grow) .
😏
I wish i had your room....
Hmmm so you're saying to close my intake port and turn on auto mode on my t6 and run it just that way?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hmmm so you're saying to close my intake port and turn on auto mode on my t6 and run it just that way?

Not close the intake, you will need to draw fresh air into the tent from the surrounding room (air conditioned) some how (i suggest a piece of window screen glued over the opening to keep insects out.).

By setting your Humidity limits and your temp limits the T6 will not not run at full speed all the time. It ramps up starting at the limits you set. It will actually shut itself off if below set limits.

Based on the photo you supplied. I would suggest reversing the position of the filter,fan and vent to the other side of the tent wall (you will also need to flip which end of the fan your filter is on). The other advantage of doing this is that the heavily scented air from inside the tent is filtered before it enters the surrounding room and the rest of the house. Very handy in keeping the peace with the other half and keeping the operation as DL as possible. I currently run a T4 in my 2x4 flower cabinet, and it spends about 60% of the time running.

Check out the before and after photos from my grow cabinet

Last edited:
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Not close the intake, you will need to draw fresh air into the tent from the surrounding room (air conditioned) some how (i suggest a piece of window screen glued over the opening to keep insects out.).

By setting your Humidity limits and your temp limits the T6 will not not run at full speed all the time. It ramps up starting at the limits you set. It will actually shut itself off if below set limits.

Based on the photo you supplied. I would suggest reversing the position of the filter,fan and vent to the other side of the tent wall (you will also need to flip which end of the fan your filter is on). The other advantage of doing this is that the heavily scented air from inside the tent is filtered before it enters the surrounding room and the rest of the house. Very handy in keeping the peace with the other half and keeping the operation as DL as possible. I currently run a T4 in my 2x4 flower cabinet, and it spends about 60% of the time running.

Check out the before and after photos from my grow cabinet
I cant change sides the way I placed my tent in my room the intake has to be bottom left exhaust top right..... so are you talking about me taking the can outside of the tent and hook to ducting there because from what I understood either way I go with the can it reduces smell..... everyone in my complex are potheads so the smell dont matter and I have my rec also.... plus I'm always home disabled... but I know I need to set my auto mode.... so auto mode will work well?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I cant change sides the way I placed my tent in my room the intake has to be bottom left exhaust top right..... so are you talking about me taking the can outside of the tent and hook to ducting ... but I know I need to set my auto mode.... so auto mode will work well?

I cant change sides the way I placed my tent in my room the intake has to be bottom left exhaust top right..... so are you talking about me taking the can outside of the tent and hook to ducting ... Yes

so auto mode will work well?... Yes especially well if you match it with the Pulse environmental sensor mentioned previously. It will allow you to fine tune the tent and see the results graphically. As you change a feature you will get a better idea of the real impact on your tent environment.

🍻

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I cant change sides the way I placed my tent in my room the intake has to be bottom left exhaust top right..... so are you talking about me taking the can outside of the tent and hook to ducting ... Yes

so auto mode will work well?... Yes especially well if you match it with the Pulse environmental sensor mentioned previously. It will allow you to fine tune the tent and see the results graphically. As you change a feature you will get a better idea of the real impact on your tent environment.

🍻
Is that on my t6?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Is that on my t6?

No sir. That little jewel will run a few bucks but well worth it. imho

If you scroll up a few messages you will see a photo of the output graph of 3 days for "Biggie" my flower closet.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

The Pulse One is just to have it connected to my phone for constant monitoring right?
Yeah I would have to save for that... i set my t6 to auto mode and what should i have is set as my high is 78 and my low is 68. RH high 65% low 40%..... and it's just running I think perhaps I dont get how to have it set up to the right numbers

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

No sir. That little jewel will run a few bucks but well worth it. imho

If you scroll up a few messages you will see a photo of the output graph of 3 days for "Biggie" my flower closet.
Isnt there other ones that wouldnt run me 200

Latest posts

Top Bottom