Venting a concealed closet

• Thread starter AlchamysT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AlchamysT

Hey guys, so I am in the process of setting up my room and am wondering how I go about ventilating a closet 5x3 closet that will remain closed, and the closest window is on the opposite side of the room, and having tubing coming out of a window attached to my closet is not an option. I will only be running a 600w HPS on 3 plants so I was wondering if I can get away with a vented hood from htg with a couple fans inside the closet on either side? Also, temperatures will be kept pretty cool in the room via central air.

I simply don't see where I can have an exhaust and intake with a closet with no window access or attic access. Please help me out guys I can't order my light setup till I figure this out.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You have to vent somehow. Apartment? You trying to have people in the room who don't know?

B

Bobby Smith

Hey guys, so I am in the process of setting up my room and am wondering how I go about ventilating a closet 5x3 closet that will remain closed, and the closest window is on the opposite side of the room, and having tubing coming out of a window attached to my closet is not an option. I will only be running a 600w HPS on 3 plants so I was wondering if I can get away with a vented hood from htg with a couple fans inside the closet on either side? Also, temperatures will be kept pretty cool in the room via central air.

I simply don't see where I can have an exhaust and intake with a closet with no window access or attic access. Please help me out guys I can't order my light setup till I figure this out.

Without some pics or better descriptions we have zero chance of being able to help you.

You're gonna need to exhaust the closet air and have fresh air from the room coming in, so you're gonna need to figure something out.

Took me a year of fucking around and trying different shit to figure out how to get fresh air to my garage - look around at other closet grows online for ideas, smoke a doobie, then stare at your closet until you figure something out.

That's not sarcastic, BTW - I truly believe that's the way to do it.

Or you could post up some pics and let us try to help you.

O

Oregonic

Do you have attic or crawl space access, maybe a light in the closet that could be removed and vented through? Depending on the temps in your house you might get away with just some good fans and a carbon scrubber.

"smoke a doobie, then stare at your closet until you figure something out." Best fucking advice you're gonna get right there!

R

Radio_Dread

i think your best bet would be to get a tent. they are pretty inexpensive and give the plants a great growing environment

W

weed sucks

They need circulating air somehow. Def more important than light or water IMO.

Furthermore why such concealment. I promise smell noise everything, if your trying to hide it from neighbors is one thing. From roomies??

Damn good luck and gods speed lol.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Oregonic said it the best. You can vent to the attic to a certain point. For instance I have a carbon filter to the fan, to the light, venting to the attic. It worked great but when the plants got full budding, the filter could not do its job in the time frame it had the air. Filter could have improved with the new ones but its something to think about. The tent is another issue entirely. They are a pain in the ass so far for me, but I moved from growing in the nice air conditioned house, to the half insulated garage (roof not insulated in garage). Which resulted in super high temps in the tent and over all.. Really study your area hard before buying.

convex

convex

Panda cut to size for the door opening and Velcro tape on the door frame and panda to keep it in place. - Holes cut in the poly for portable AC.

Can always close the door with no trace of anything if unexpected guests arrive.

Alternately, you could vent through poly (with carbon) and into room if ambient allows.

A

AlchamysT

OK thanks a bunch for the input. I know how important ventilation is but just don't know how I'm going to handle it. I think the ceiling ideas sound like the most feasible. Also, the closet doors pull out from either side and are also slotted. So I will be able to keep the doors open whenever I am in the room. So what fans exactly do I need? Does this mean a vented hood with tubing coming from the exhaust pulling warm air from the bulb into the attic? Or do I not need a vented hood but just an exhaust fan in the ceiling? Then I will have a couple fans on either side of the plants with the closet door left open a majority of the time.

And to clarifiy, no hahahah I am not hiding it from the roomies. I'm not thatttt dumb. Simply trying to be careful in case of unexpected guests. Door will always be locked however just trying to be safe

R

Radio_Dread

Does this mean a vented hood with tubing coming from the exhaust pulling warm air from the bulb into the attic? Or do I not need a vented hood but just an exhaust fan in the ceiling? Then I will have a couple fans on either side of the plants with the closet door left open a majority of the time.

yeah a vented hood in that small of space would be easier to cool just the hood rather than the whole closet ya know. and by doing this and venting into another room should keep your temps in check. good luck tho. keep us posted

RD

Top Bottom