Venting Co2 in a closed system

• Thread starter Oldman2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldman2

Oldman2

1) If I'm pumping Co2, even small amounts, into a sealed environment, am I not creating a positive pressure that needs to vent.
2) I like the idea of a balanced louver that is pushed open by positive pressure. Anybody have a picture of that?
3) Is there a need to do air exchanges in a closed loop system?

Living in Southern California. I am in ground zero for insect infestation. I have lost crops to aphids, whiteflies, budworms, spider mites and even fungus gnats. I am going with a closed loop system this winter with automated control. I am trying autoflowers to limit my exposure time. In 2020 I built a 10x20 outdoor screenhouse., I watched in horror in September as tiny whiteflies crawled thru the screen. Soon, I reached the seasonal limit for spraying spinosad and I had to trash (6) 7' tall plants that would have yielded kilos. My determination to suceed knows no limits.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
14x20-10 foot walls closed system.
4 ton a/c unit with no air exchange whatsoever.
This build is as tight as you can get, I would consider it a clean room of low rating.
It has created a negative pressure with the unit running. Yes I am running co2 successfully with no leaks. The only weak point I have are the floor drains when they are open for watering time. That’s the only time outside air is sucked in and obviously when I open the doors to enter.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Majestic work diesel ha!
I runa sealed environment for flowering and moms....but i really think that the word sealed is not proper causeits not neccessary to SEAL a room like an aquarium...there will be always micro leaks and thats absolutely ok.
Bugs wont bother you if you have a protocol of cleanliess when u enter the rooms, like wearing dedicated clothes and shoes...shower yourself if you have been ina garden or too close to pets
Most of perople that run vented for years focus on the word sealed too much make it look like rocket science ...its just a room... majority of pest in vented system get blasted thru the intake or brought by the gardener..

So yeah dont worry about the little pressure created by the co2 tank....there will be no smell
And no thers no need of any exchange cause plants will produce more than enough oxigen ....but i found beneficial run an air purifier plus carbon inside the room to eliminate dust and spores...

Fuckingatodeaso

Fuckingatodeaso

Air exchange isn't necessary but venting during lights off will keep your dehumidifiers from running all the time during the lights off period (actual daytime for most). Works well except for summer. Intake and exhaust at low to mid level really does save on power. If you have one of those super expensive and efficient dehumidifiers it's a different story. The home units around 300 bucks pull some amps and aren't too efficient. If you have a proper intake filter bugs aren't a problem. Bugs usually come from clones or visiting growers.

Ponky

Ponky

Sealed. Hepa filters. And most guys vent once a day. Some once an hour. Some never. AC and sealed CO2 isn't my favorite thing.

mikeross

mikeross

14x20-10 foot walls closed system.
4 ton a/c unit with no air exchange whatsoever.
This build is as tight as you can get, I would consider it a clean room of low rating.
It has created a negative pressure with the unit running. Yes I am running co2 successfully with no leaks. The only weak point I have are the floor drains when they are open for watering time. That’s the only time outside air is sucked in and obviously when I open the doors to enter.
Do you run a bottle or burner?

Last edited:
mikeross

mikeross

I run a sealed flower and veg room. Flower room gets vented right at lights out... I have the fan run for 20mins just to purge the room, once daily. I run a Co2 generator and like the idea of a daily air exchange. Veg vents out but it triggered by an A/C infinity fan that will trigger the fan based on high/low RH and Temp. Exhaust fan gets triggered about once an hour for about 5 mins.

I've ran sealed rooms with burners without any issue but will always have a way to exhaust if I have to... just a nice fail safe to have especially if you run a co2 generator.

Top Bottom