Venting My Grow Tent In Closet

• Thread starter pdiddi79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pdiddi79

My closet is 5'x8' and has a central heat/air vent in it. My grow tent is 2'x3'x5'. Can I just let the grow tent vent into the closet? I have a 4" fan pulling in air at the bottom and a 4" line with a carbon filter running out the top. I can either let it vent into the closet which i open and close about 4-5 a day or run the vent line up through the ceiling into the attic. I live in GA and it gets hot as hell in the attic. My closet stays about 75 degrees. I am using a ViparSpectre 600W LED light. This is my first grow and I am a sponge trying to soak p as much knowledge as possible. Thanks for the help.

chopper dogg

chopper dogg

Yes, you can vent into closet, as long as your temps stay under 78, and you have a big enough crack under the door for the fan to pull air. Watch your temps closely !!

dankninja

dankninja

its a little tougher since your vent is just blowing air, not a return vent which pulls air into your house's ventilation system. if you can direct your exhaust somewhere else, like your attic, that would allow for some actual ventilation. can you ventilate the attic itself? id exhaust into attic, then exhaust attic. and use some sort of carbon filtering for odor control. good luck

DN

Kalikush

Kalikush

Keep in mind that you don't want humid air constantly venting into the attic if you can help it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom