Venting Warm Air Out Attic Vent?

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Good afternoon farmers. I have a venting concern and am looking for advice and possible ideas. Exhaust ventilation goes up into the attic and out of the vent beneath the peak of house. I don't live in the best area, and I have nightly police choppers circling my neighborhood which concerns me, due to 70+ degree heat exiting the vent into the 40 degree air at night. I became overly paranoid after one was circling my house a couple weeks ago.

I alternate between a 400 and 600 and stay within my legal medical plant limit, but still don't need the unwanted attention. How would one go about venting the warm air outside in this situation without putting out a heat sig on these cold winter nights? The room is nowhere near a dryer vent and I don't have a chimney, and can't vent into another room. I basically just have the attic to exhaust into.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

sounds like adding a exaust to your roof is prob your best bet

ttystikk

ttystikk

This might be visible to infra red, so it isn't even the best option. Good news is that you have a small heat footprint to deal with. Can you put portable AC in the room? Maybe vent exhaust air into your home and draw the intake air in from the attic? This way, your house shouldn't smell because the AC unit is getting and exhausting its own air supply. This ONLY works with an AC unit that has both intake and exhaust, so both of these can be routed outside your growing space.

What we've done is stop the exchange of air through your room to cool it- creating instead a wholly separate air system to remove heat from the AC unit- and by extension, the grow room too. This second air system is not to interact with your room in any way, so it should not pick up smell or humidity, nor should it dry out your growroom.

We've also just created a sealed room grow for you. Your exhaust air circuit could ideally pass through a sealed and vented light fixture on its way to warming your house, as that would get rid of even more heat before the AC unit has to. Yes, this system will need to be well sealed, but the benefits would paying for themselves immediately in the form of free 'waste' heat to your house!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
summer time you pull air from the basement and vent into the attic winter time you pull air from the attic and vent into your basement helps heat the house as a bounus

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Both great ideas, but I don't have the room for the first option, and for the second suggestion, no basements in so cal.

Top Bottom