Verizon bashers thread

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

wanted to start a thread on verizon wireless and their downhill slide over the last year. anybody is free to chime in with their expeirences

about a year ago i bought a phone with verizon (second renewal of my 2 year contract, so i was with verizon for 4 years at this point) and bought insurance that COVERED water damage. the phone got water damage and i brought it into the store to try and trade it out. i had the receipts with me that said my insurance covered water damage. The person helping me said they changed that and they no longer cover water damage and proceded to point me to a clause at the bottom that said "we reserve the right to change the insurance policies at any time". It was my hustling line at the time and had no other choice but to buy a phone asap (aka spend $300)

two weeks ago i lost my phone. went and got another phone and they told me there was a $35 restocking fee if i return it. about a week later my old phone shows up and i go to return the new one. All the sudden the restocking fee jumps up to $100 and they want another $60 for the cords missing. i went home and got the cords and then they tell me its going to be 6-8 weeks before i can get a refund.

i dare somebody on the street to tell me i cant have my money for 6-8 weeks
not to mention lying to my face TWICE

right now, im just leaving the phone on and not paying my bill til they shut it off. then picking up a burner

sooooo lets hear it, i know some other farmers have a bone to pick with verizon wireless

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bro they all suck and they all lie

the tower that is closest to my house has been down for over a month now

Cort

Cort

Verizon is the only carrier that covers my house. Spent 10 years with ATT- Cingular - ATT again and got shite for coverage, especially when traveling.

A

agentorange

I never heard of V not allowing you to claim insurance because of water damage, that makes virtually NO sense, thats the exact reason people GET insurance in the first place, if its stolen or water damaged. horrible. I'd call another rep, doesn't sound right

Ive had almost no issues with V, coming from Sprint where I had nothing BUT issues. At least Verizon doesn't use 3rd party companies for phone support...Ive also had the least problems with coverage with verizon which is probably why they're the most $$$

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I never heard of V not allowing you to claim insurance because of water damage, that makes virtually NO sense, thats the exact reason people GET insurance in the first place, if its stolen or water damaged. horrible. I'd call another rep, doesn't sound right

Ive had almost no issues with V, coming from Sprint where I had nothing BUT issues. At least Verizon doesn't use 3rd party companies for phone support...Ive also had the least problems with coverage with verizon which is probably why they're the most $$$

I have never heard of a company that lets you claim water damage

I havent had insurance on a phone in quite some time but back when I did I washed one in my pocket and had to lie and say I lost it - water was the one thing not covered

A

agentorange

really?

I worked for Verizon for a short while, so unless its changed (which it may have) the point of paying $5 per month then the 100 (or so) deductible was so that you were 100% covered for any issue with the phone.... why would people bother to get insurance otherwise?

Top Bottom