Vermiculite Perlite and pH level

• Thread starter Metrix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Metrix

Metrix

Hi guys

How should the pH level be by 70% Vermiculite and 30% perlite, I read something that 5.0 or 5.2 it's that true?

This time I want too grow my mamas in vermiculite/perlite mix, but I got nutrient deficiency what I think I cause by pH.

Growing for years in coco and never have it like that, I use the same A+B since years.

EC level 0.8
pH 5.8
water temp 20c

Tanks in Advance

Vermiculite perlite and ph level
Vermiculite perlite and ph level 2
Metrix

Metrix

Well yes it's N deficiency, but very strange that this only happens in vermiculite perlite mix, lights are the same as i use before, nothing change there.

I will lower the lights power and add a bit more AB to 1.0EC,

Metrix

Metrix

but still the same question, how pH should be by watering? I'm think the deficiency is cause by wrong pH level

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There arw a LOT of factors that play into light tolerance. They are in a completely different media, probably different ages etc. etc.

This plants have light and heat stress also. But again there can be many reasons… humidity, temp etc etc etc.

Up to you what to do but thats lights stress 100% to the point of bleaching

Metrix

Metrix

There arw a LOT of factors that play into light tolerance. They are in a completely different media, probably different ages etc. etc.

This plants have light and heat stress also. But again there can be many reasons… humidity, temp etc etc etc.

Up to you what to do but thats lights stress 100% to the point of bleaching
Yes it is different media, I lowered light power, plant age 3 weeks, different facility, temperature 23c, humidity 54%,

Metrix

Metrix

lamp turn down to 30%, distance 60cm to canopy, all did 6 days ago, new leaves showing same symptoms,

what I did 2 days ago, to repot her too airpot with 50/50 vermiculite perlite mix, before was fabric pot with 70/30 what was mich to wet
EC 1.0
pH 5.8
Temperature 24c
Humidity 53%
20220819 112356

Top Bottom