VerryBerrySurprise-GN freebie-anybody know the true lineage of this strain?

• Thread starter BluntForce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BluntForce

I ask the question because I'm in the middle of growing out the first gen of beans I made using the VBS as a mother and an '01 Blueberry as the father. I have been told it's an S1 of Somablaze (RIP) Blackberry, Blackberry widow and another strain which I can't recall the name of. I would really like to know as all the VBS I tried was either slighlty nice to smoke or bland but I ended up with one freak which was first pink when the first leaves showed themselves (not the cotyledons) and then turned a very nice shade of purple/indigo as the same first true leaves got bigger. I also had a green pheno which I didn't get the chacne to smoke any of as it was chock full of beans from a Sandstorm daddy. The purple pheno grew slowly but displayed the most amazing pink/purple shades mixed with orange and green when the buds started to form although since the first leaves I had not witnessed any coloring of the plant, not even the undersides of the leaves where you often find these shades of purple. This plant was left to flower a bit longer than usual as I didn't expect to get much from it in the way of quality smoke and wanted the beans in her to be well developed. Well even after de-seeding her buds they were a joy to smoke, much stronger than other phenos which hadn't been seeded. I'm hoping the cross with the Blueberry will result in plants that dont inherit her slow growth, small stature (she almost looked like and autioflower except even the fan leaves were tiny) and weak stems. The Blueberry I selected was from a pack I purchased a decade ago and all plants were free of some of the blue family mutations which make them barely worth growing in some cases. I hold high hopes for this cross and wish to selectively inbreed it if the resulting plants smoke well and display the aromatic qualities which almost all the VBS possesed, beautiful, sweet, grape/berry/strawberry/marmelade aromas with hints of lavender and honey. I have 3 in Veg now out of which only one is showing any color (stems/cotyledons) but they are showing excellent vigour, second only to my Ducksfoot X. They will be well and truly established soon so if there are any smells in veg I will inform you as will I inform you about the Ducksfoot X. I am having trouble uploading pics onto the site at the moment but once I get things going I'll have pics up of both strains aswell as pics of the VBS mother as a seedling with the insane colors she showed. Sorry for the long read for what is a simply answered questions to those of you who know but I get excited thinkin about these palnts and can help myself. Thanks all. BF

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Hey bro! Gypsy gave those out as freebee's after it was alleged that OrgnKid never had the SomaBlaze cut to S1 in the first place. Instead, it was alleged, he made S1 off of a JoJo BlackberryWidow cut that leaned heavy to the blackberry genetic. So I believe the true genetics to be the SomaBlaze blackberry cut x Aloha WhiteWidow. I got those free and finally ran a few a couple years back. Wound up with one green and one extremely dark purple. The green had more raw potency with a crazy unique smell and a slight almost strawberry taste on the exhale. The dark purple had a more rank skunkish odor. Real strong smelling. Was less potent but still a nice effect. You just had to smoke a lot more of it to get the desired effect. It had a slight "cheap wine" after taste on exhale. Thick with bright orange hairs also. Really beautiful looking flowers. I kept them both for a few rounds then cut the green mother and ran the purple a few more rounds before I let it go as well. I think I still have 4 to 6 of these beans left in the stash. I would have to take a look. If you ever need to look through more for your project feel free to PM. Your cross with the BLueberry sounds interesting. Good luck!

Top Bottom