Vertical 4kw tree grow

• Thread starter fedor24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fedor24

Hello all. Here are some pics of my current grow. The first set is at 5 weeks flower. I grow in coco/perlite gh floranova lucas formula handwatered. The strains are Serious seeds chronic, ch9 superhaze, sannies ko kush, joey weeds c99 and sannies jack herer f5.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

true grit

true grit

Nice, can't wait to see that JoeyWeed C99 and Sannies Jack! I run vert too, so this should be a fun show to watch!!! Have you run JoeyWeed gear before? I've had my eye on that Apollo11 he has as well as the SweetBlossom or whatever its called....

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have a question about the vert lighting......How hot does it get around the bulb? It seems that the plants grow fine around it, but just curious....Also how much increase have you noticed in yield compared to horizontal?

F

fedor24

Nice, can't wait to see that JoeyWeed C99 and Sannies Jack! I run vert too, so this should be a fun show to watch!!! Have you run JoeyWeed gear before? I've had my eye on that Apollo11 he has as well as the SweetBlossom or whatever its called....

Thanks. Yes I have run JW's blue apollo, ak47 and the c99. His c99 is f2's of grimm's original genetics. I am looking for a pineapple pheno that finishes under 56 days.
The sannies jack is the f5 version and it has an incredible smell. I was just running it as a test and flowered it in a 3 gallon pot fearing it may outgrow the room allotted for it but to my surprise it was a very managable stretch it finished at 10 weeks.

F

fedor24

I have a question about the vert lighting......How hot does it get around the bulb? It seems that the plants grow fine around it, but just curious....Also how much increase have you noticed in yield compared to horizontal?

I run fans directly under each hung bulb blowing up toward the ceiling. I can get the plants about 10-12 inches from the bulb with no heat issues. Seems that most of the heat from a vertical burning bulb radiates upwards. As far as yield goes, 1gpw is a baseline for me now. With the right strains(looking for a nice chronic mother) 1.5 gpw would be the goal. I am running these 4 "cubes" 2 weeks apart for a perpetual harvest. The first cube I harvested consisted of c99 and ko kush. The 4 big plants were c99 and they finished at a 4.5 ft height. The 4 small topped ko kush plants were placed in between the c99's to create a more even canopy and capture some of the light lost in between the lower parts of the c99's. I got 32 oz off that cube for a little under 1gpw. The KO kush drug down the yield but the smoke is the best!! In my current run, I vegged the ko kush to 30" and can't wait to see how it yields as the big tree.

F

fedor24

Here is a pic of finished ko kush
picture.php

Here's the whole plant minus 2 tops(forgot to take pics before the trimming started).
picture.php

F

fedor24

Here's a pick of one of the finished jack main colas. Very dense bud formation. This plant yielded 5.5 oz in a 3 gallon pot with less than ideal lighting in 10 weeks. I am vegging this clone out for a BIG tree run next time..
picture.php

F

fedor24

Here's a pic of of one of my chronics at 8wks.
picture.php

I don't know if this one is a keeper, but it seems to have filled in well. The test is in the smoke..

Top Bottom