Vertical Bulb Layout for UCE9XXL13

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Looking to switch from horizontal to vertical bulbs over 9 site UCXXL13s - currently running 6 1000W HPS over each system. Only caveat - I need to minimize heat at all costs because it's the desert, and I do prefer to burn CO2...

What's the best layout for verticals over the 9 site UC for Veg and for flower?

Should they be 600s or 1000s?

Thanks!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

What up Red! Good to see you on.. I am running a 9 site now and have always ran verts. I have 9 around mine as two sides are against a wall. On the other side of my verts I have coco tables to kinda check things out. I don't know what space you have and I'm not sure what size centers you wanna run. I have 60 between rows and 55in down rows. I left 40in between my walls and the buckets along the walls so I can run verts in those spots without building up a heat spot. In the past I have found that verts against walls when the plants are too close is more harmful than helpful. That being said I'll tell you that next run I will hit on all my outer lights next run. That would be 9 sites 12k cutting out the corners only. I do prefer 1000s over 600s.
Now in your case where you are running 6k and I'm assuming you don't wanna jump up on lights I think I would run 4k in the centers and run 600s around the outsides, as much as your heat issue can afford. As far as veg, I have ran the 4 centers up high only and I have also hit all lights surrounding them after 10 days or so in the UC and I can say that that has given the best plant structure. Next best to that was hoods for veg and switch to verts last week of veg, to open them up. This is only my opinion and i have been mistaken once or twice, never wrong just mistaken... ;) Best of luck to you always.. Stop by and check out the new thread if you get a chance..

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Dude - you are such a legend. I appreciate you always taking the time to check out my threads. You new thread is RAD, mad respect as always.

I'm running the bone stock dimensions with the 40" between modules.

I assume you're running switchables so you can use MH in veg and HPS in flower for the 4k in the centers?

Since I've never run Verticals, I'm totally uneducated as to how much light the plants need on the outsides?

Does having panda film on the walls provide enough reflection from the light boucing horizontally from the vertical bulbs, or is there supplemental light required around the outside?

Assuming supplemental light is required, do the outside lights go between buckets "1 and 2" and buckets "2 and 3" on the outsides?, or could I put LED strips on the walls?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have noticed a big difference on the plants that have the lights on the outside. I will surround my UC next run. I have never tried led but I know they like and can take the light surrounding them. Yeah I place the outer light across the row from the centers lights, between the plants. I look forward to seeing your set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom