vertical cool tubes... 8 or 6 inch?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

going to be getting some cool tubes for the next run to make it easier on the ACs... what size is best for vertical 1kws? Im going to be using a 12inch fan per 2 cool tubes since I have some extras

thanks for the advice guys!

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

I use the eights.Much higher air velocity than sixes. They're attached to 8in. Vortex fans (747 CFM). One fan cools 6x600W well.
Seems a 12in fan cooling 2x1000W would work with even 4in tubes. That's a lot of air movement, not to mention noise.
Fred

K

kushtrees

Haha yea possibly a bit oversized but I'd rather not buy more fans. I was thinking the 8 inch as well good to know

BCrocker

BCrocker

I use the eights.Much higher air velocity than sixes. They're attached to 8in. Vortex fans (747 CFM). One fan cools 6x600W well.
Seems a 12in fan cooling 2x1000W would work with even 4in tubes. That's a lot of air movement, not to mention noise.
Fred

Agreed on the 8" vortex's

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

just run more lights on the 12 inch fan with a y in there. I run 6 1000s in 6 inch tubes with a 8 inch hydrofarm inline (700 something cfm) with no issues and only a 12000 btu portable cooling but I am in a cold climate. Honestly if I could do it over i would get the eight inch tubes.

Top Bottom