Vertical??? Explanation Please...

• Thread starter hzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hzd

When people say "vertical" as opposed to "horizontal," in relation to their ballast, build set up. What are they doing? talking about? exactly??? Are they mounting lights on the wall???

Here is an example:
Also solis tek just made a splitter so for every 1000 watt matrix u can run 2 600 watts from one ballast. It's awesome. I'm gonna be running 2 1000 watt matrix ballast then the 3rd will be 2 vertical 600 no hood just for extra coverage

Another example:
Only ONE problem with those new ballasts; (per Gavita) they can't be mounted vertically. They said definitely NOT for the 1000w, and they do NOT recommend it for the 600.

I was thinking of using the splitter in my veg room: 600hps and 400mh (horizontal).

Flower room will have 1000hps (vertical).

------------
Thanks for any help...

deacon1503

deacon1503

A vertically lit room has bare bulbs hanging straight down from the ceiling. Typically trees are grown using vert bulbs, or in stadium setup.

Hortizontal is the traditional setup using normal fixtures. You can run gavitas vertically, although not recc by the manufacturer.

There are plenty of threads showing examples of both techniques.

H

hzd

Sweet. Thx.

Now i just have to figure out how to build it. Am I crazy to try and still do soil like this???

Any advice is much appreciated. I am checking out some other forms.

Thanks.

dabs4life

dabs4life

do a vert scrog if you are brainstorming still. maybe do a trial run with a smaller setup like even small 3x3 vertical scrog with the bulb bare in the middle of the plants.

it may require more time or thought but its kinda simple. the vertical scrog panels will keep the foliage nice and even from the light.

later in flower or with a stretchy strain chinken wire fence can be wrapped around the bulb to keep the foliage from coming into contact with bulb or even being able to get into the death zone of the light. id go indica or 50/50 though any can work.

but yeah soil would work good.

H

hzd

What are you trying buld?
well, I suppose I need to build something to stack plants up on. A shelf with a few levels. So I can put pots of soil stacked up 3 levels high. But I will have to build 4 of them for each wall of my shed if I am going to have a light hanging from the middle.

I am in a wheelchair, so I want to do something that makes it easier fro me to reach everything.

dabs4life

dabs4life

oh shit. thank you for adding that you are in a chair cause someone here may have seen or know of a setup that is easy to do from on level.

how big is the shed or the area you can use for the grow within the shed including cieling height?

seaslug

seaslug

I'm mostly able bodied but I like growing individual "shrubs" under Lumigrow Pro 325 LED lights that I can access from two sides.

Top Bottom