Vertical Gardening In 2012

• Thread starter growuphydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growuphydro

growuphydro

I guess I will start a new thread today and see if anyone is still doing it vertically. A few new systems are hitting the market. I am extremely familiar with the Cage, Coliseum and the Grow Cube from Probio Plastics. I am hoping to get feedback positive or negative on vertical growing because I just started a new Vertical Growing blog. I would appreciate any feedback, so I can field concerns and figure out a way to educate in Vertical Growing Indoor and Outdoor. I have a horticulture background and eager to learn and pass on any info. Thank u.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Hey GrowupHydro,
Welcome to the farm!
We have been toying with this idea as well, there is a couple guys doing it here on the farm but the idea is new.
Have many ideas as to how to do it though. Very curious to follow your thread. Keep me posted!
BCF

growuphydro

growuphydro

Thought I would share some of my photos. This gardens are available at:http://www.growupgardener.ca/indoor-vertical-gardens/
IMG 0945
IMG 0943
IMG 0939

DSCF5415
DSCF5417
DSCF5418
DSCF5415
DSCF5417
DSCF5418
DSCF5419
DSCF5420
DSCF5421
DSCF5420
DSCF5421
DSCN2861
DSCN2908

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am scared of your plant count.
Me too, cubed!

The attraction of vertical gardens such as the ones in the pictures you've posted is the promise of very high yields in very small spaces. That's a noble goal, but one that does not take into account the consequences of such high plant counts on the grower, should he be discovered by law enforcement. It is just one of the silly, yet deadly serious aspects of our hobby/industry/antiprohibitionist movement that law enforcement doesn't care if the plant has one leaf or weighes 5 pounds dried- they will more than happily bust you for all the plants, and remember that they get recognition- and raises- and rewards- for finding the most extreme laws to charge you with. Expect no 'common sense' from an insane system or those charged with enforcing it.

That said, I'm very interested in what can be accomplished with techniques like these. Having seen vertical gardens literally growing on walls, I'm intrigued by their potential. Just don't ask me to pick my salad greens with a stepladder!

growuphydro

growuphydro

Me too, cubed!

The attraction of vertical gardens such as the ones in the pictures you've posted is the promise of very high yields in very small spaces. That's a noble goal, but one that does not take into account the consequences of such high plant counts on the grower, should he be discovered by law enforcement. It is just one of the silly, yet deadly serious aspects of our hobby/industry/antiprohibitionist movement that law enforcement doesn't care if the plant has one leaf or weighes 5 pounds dried- they will more than happily bust you for all the plants, and remember that they get recognition- and raises- and rewards- for finding the most extreme laws to charge you with. Expect no 'common sense' from an insane system or those charged with enforcing it.

That said, I'm very interested in what can be accomplished with techniques like these. Having seen vertical gardens literally growing on walls, I'm intrigued by their potential. Just don't ask me to pick my salad greens with a stepladder!
The cage is only 72 plants - 1200 Watts
The Grow Cube is only 64 plants in one gallon pots - 2000 Watts

Not too bad

growuphydro

growuphydro

The Gardens are between 5 and 6 feet tall. I prefer the new grow cube and the Cage because they stay under the desired plant numbers. The Coli on the other hand is extreme. My license is for 73 plants so the cage was great. The Grow Cube is better. More manageable. The one gallon pots are perfect for perpetual Growth. Each wall module is every two weeks -- 16 plants. It is perfect.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The Gardens are between 5 and 6 feet tall. I prefer the new grow cube and the Cage because they stay under the desired plant numbers. The Coli on the other hand is extreme. My license is for 73 plants so the cage was great. The Grow Cube is better. More manageable. The one gallon pots are perfect for perpetual Growth. Each wall module is every two weeks -- 16 plants. It is perfect.

The standard license for private patients in Colorado is more like 6 to 12 plants, so those numbers are still risky. I bet there is some way to get the best of both worlds, however; these systems are basically just techniques for canopy management; surely there is no basic reason why it can't be done with a lower plant count?

Top Bottom