Vertical grow..distance between cooltube and plants.

• Thread starter Silica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Silica

Im still mapping out my first vertical grow setup.

It will look something like this-

http://i425.invalid.com/albums/pp336/Strawberryfileds/vertical.jpg

Thats 190cm wide
80cm high
90 cm deep(or less)
intake into cooltubes comes from under grow room, seperate to grow room air.
Grow room air will have incoming CO2 from beer barrels.

What im not sure about is how much room i should give the cooltubes and the pots from eachother.
Im using 200mm pots by 200mm height.
The cooltubes are 225mm.

The lamps are both 400 watt. (maybe use a 250 instead of one but now i have two 400 watt digi ballasts i think i will use.

I have 190cm width to play with.

This allows a row of plants all round the lights with a double row between the lights as shown in the diagram.
The cooltubes will be 90cm apart, 45cm off the sides.

This leaves a 14cm gap between the pots and the cooltubes.
Is this enough?

I would also like to have a maximum of 80cm in vertical space, this way i can grow under my house or in other places where no one would expect there to be plants.

Do you think 14cm is enough room between cooltubes and plant tips?

Or should i narrow down the double row of plants in the middle to one row, therefore increasing the gaps around cooltubes.

Personally i think 14cm is enough from cooltube to area above pots, where plant tips will likely be.

D

doubleds

distance

First off you would be much better with one plant in the middle rather than 2. From the middle of each plant bucket should be 4 ft. Your lights will be on 2 ft centres.
Make sure when the cutting's are introduced you keep the bulbs right beside the plant. It is the utmost importance because you want those huge side branches.
Thats where all the yield is. Be prepared to jog your lights aroud, i must have 150 eye loops screwed into my ceiling not being used.... lolol

dds

xoxoxo x being plants
oxoxox 0 being lights
xoxoxo

make sure you design a system to hold the bitches and her branches up. No stake unless solid stainless stell will work. I use netting.

i would use minimum 600 hps but i would always go for 1000's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom