vertical grow?

• Thread starter lostnFound02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lostnFound02

Need some help but really dont know where to start. So for the vertical grow during veg and bloom do you super crop fimm..any thing? Also how long is usually the veg time, I was thinking about 6 weeks would be good enough. Also I notice so have cool tubes and some are bare bulbs. How the F**K u keep it cool without burning the plants or having high temps. Anything else I should be beware of. Thanks you in advance

J

Jalisco Kid

You have some reading to do, or have lots of money.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
What up dude. Im not a old pro or anything but i have been playing with vert and here is what i have figured out so far. If you are going bare bulb then AC is a must. Stadium looks like the way to go if you are doing more plants with more light. I only bloom 3 plants at a time with a 400 hps and a 200 cfl in a vertical column. I put my plants in a triangle around the vertical bare bulb with AC in the room.
This last run i topped and supercropped and all that jazz and got some huge flat top plants.. worked out great just putting a block under the edge of the buckets to angle the top of the plant towards the light. This run i am thinking of going for the Xmas tree style plants and not so much on the training. I am thinking that letting them go straight up is the way to go when running a vertical set up. Also put a small fan beneath the bulb facing up and it creates a invisible cool tube of sorts.. A few smart farmers here have shared that little secret in the past.

I veg around 1.5 to 2 months depending on how fast they get grow.

Im sure alot of guys around here have better answers but some of what i said should help ya out a bit.
peace bro.

L

lostnFound02

You have some reading to do, or have lots of money.

I did do some reading but just wanted a more direct answer, maybe a veteran would be kind enough to share basic info.

What up dude. Im not a old pro or anything but i have been playing with vert and here is what i have figured out so far. If you are going bare bulb then AC is a must. Stadium looks like the way to go if you are doing more plants with more light. I only bloom 3 plants at a time with a 400 hps and a 200 cfl in a vertical column. I put my plants in a triangle around the vertical bare bulb with AC in the room.
This last run i topped and supercropped and all that jazz and got some huge flat top plants.. worked out great just putting a block under the edge of the buckets to angle the top of the plant towards the light. This run i am thinking of going for the Xmas tree style plants and not so much on the training. I am thinking that letting them go straight up is the way to go when running a vertical set up. Also put a small fan beneath the bulb facing up and it creates a invisible cool tube of sorts.. A few smart farmers here have shared that little secret in the past.

I veg around 1.5 to 2 months depending on how fast they get grow.

Im sure alot of guys around here have better answers but some of what i said should help ya out a bit.
peace bro.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. I was gonna go for the x-mas tree type of look and just wanted to know if ppl still fimm or super crop of any kind while doing this. as for the cooling, I know AC is a must but besides the obvious, any other things should worth mention?

Or any one here can direct me to a vert grow room page? I need more details and having a hard time searching for it. Thanks again

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
well man as far as cropping yes if something is in the way or needs more light bend it over by all means.. if you want xmas trees be wise about your cropping. watch your distance from bulb to plant.. all depends on you wattage and set up. Honestly man i dont know what else to tell ya other than jump in. you will figure it out if its ment to be. I started off my last grow with cfl in a closet with a overhead grow well a month later it was a vert grow with a hps...main thing you gotta learn man is dont be afraid to fuck up and learn shit the hard way. we all do it and some of us do it more often than others. roll with the punches holmes. you gotta break a few eggs before you can fuck the hostess.

ape

ape

resources...

Hey...vertical is referring to bulbs. But do u want to grow minis or trees? I have a thread of my own vertical grow over in the grow diaries portion of the site. I spent months reading from people like doubled, jalisco, dizzle, and people I met in community. All do things differently from dwc, chow mix, and coco like me. But determine if u want to use a sealed room and co2. But the basic build out of these systems r very similar its just a different twist for each grower.

I will tell u straight up. I don't think vertical trees r for beginners. Especially dwc...so gauge your experience and grab yourself a mentor, then figure out the scope of your project. I laugh over and over when people ask me how to grow trees and then then they ask if they can do it in a 3x3 hut, or what if they only have a single 1000 watter? So read, get familiar with the concepts, and don't be in a rush to go waste some money!

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
BY no means am i saying do it this way..

weeds_186.jpg
weeds_275.jpg

here are a few examples of what i had. Ape's set up is way better for sure. I only went this route because i didnt have the cash to get a hood. hope you dont mind a few pics. and no way could i have pulled this grow off on my first grow. Barley pulled it off with a bit of experience. lol

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
now go look at ape's thread and you will see what monsters look like. so like i say it all really depends on your set up.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

How long is a piece of string? Without more info it will be hard to advise you much. What medium are you planning on using, how many plants? How much investment? What are your goals? Do you have any experience? What strains do you have access to? All of these questions will help us advise you!

L

lostnFound02

First I wanted to say thanks to all that have responded.

How long is a piece of string? Without more info it will be hard to advise you much. What medium are you planning on using, how many plants? How much investment? What are your goals? Do you have any experience? What strains do you have access to? All of these questions will help us advise you!

I was planning on a rockwool, coco mix.I dont know how many plants yet, I was thinking of a test grow of 6-8 first. $$$ is not a problem at the moment and just wanted to try something different. My goal in the future is to have less plants more yield in a timely manner. I have some experience but have not grown in 3 years. I was maybe thinking of using under current of MPB they look fun.

L

lostnFound02

also what is the ideal range distance away from each plant? example: 4 plants 3 ft away from each other? how much space is usually required for each plant? 4 plants 5ft by 5ft would that be enough??

urbanfog

urbanfog

here is my first attempt at a vert tent with lil trees.

I learn daily!

S

SLO Grown

BY no means am i saying do it this way..

weeds_186.jpg
weeds_275.jpg

here are a few examples of what i had. Ape's set up is way better for sure. I only went this route because i didnt have the cash to get a hood. hope you dont mind a few pics. and no way could i have pulled this grow off on my first grow. Barley pulled it off with a bit of experience. lol

"MacGyver" grow room at it's best. That is awesome!

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
thanks bro..its a little embarrassing but it works..:)

patriots333

patriots333

its an inexpensive way to grow trees , not hard , veg to 2 ft tall "depending strain , stick to hybrids magnetic ballests aqre cheap , socket s also cheap , now , ventilation , will cover cooling in winter and summer ac time ...coco is easy way to start , 5 gal buckts and veg to 2 ft.. then transplant to 5 gals veg till u get roots and flip it , here is a 10 k I built for less than
Phn1 070

Phn1 060
patriots333

patriots333

its an inexpensive way to grow trees , not hard , veg to 2 ft tall "depending strain , stick to hybrids magnetic ballests aqre cheap , socket s also cheap , now , ventilation , will cover cooling in winter and summer ac time ...coco is easy way to start , 5 gal buckts and veg to 2 ft.. then transplant to 5 gals veg till u get roots and flip it , here is a 10 k I built for less thanView attachment 376905 1400

patriots333

patriots333

anyway , it can be done fairly inexpensive and EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzmit66

Buzmit66

I see this is a old thread. But if anyone can give me advice on this subject. It would be greatly appreciated. I'm want to learn.

Top Bottom