Vertical Growers please help ...

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

So here it is I am designing a vertical grow for my future runs. I have a 12-plant legal limit and am using 600's. I need help with plant centers. Thinking about doing recirculating krusty buckets. Any help would be much appreciated.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Are you running bare bulb?

I would strongly advise flexibility in your spacing, so you can max lumen output.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

yes bare bulb with a mini split. any ideas on spacing and layout anyone?? and please don't tell me to use 1000's I know this already but my spot only has a 100amp service and that is for the whole house. i am gonna have to run these 600w 240v as is

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, if Heath can do it, I'm sure you can too. I would look at general 1k spacing and reduce by 40%. If People are using 60" then go with 40". I think somewhere around 36-40 would be a good starting point. I would suggest if you can, to keep the lights and buckets somewhat movable. That way you can really max your lumens.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

yea i am gonna use 1-1/2 inch flexible tubing for draining and 1/2 inch feed lines for both top and bottom feed. yes mr. robinson is the man and i have looked at a lot of his work to gather inspiration from. so is the plant center bucket to bucket or bucket to bulb at an angle? i have always been confused by this.

M

mrdizzle

peep my hempy tub thread. I pulled just under 8#off 4k with 15 plants. easiest system I have ever done with the best results, dont even bother messing with any water system.

10gal hempys drain to waste, 4parts perlite 1 part coco, plan a nice vacation

aleYarok

aleYarok

peep my hempy tub thread. I pulled just under 8#off 4k with 15 plants. easiest system I have ever done with the best results, dont even bother messing with any water system.

10gal hempys drain to waste, 4parts perlite 1 part coco, plan a nice vacation
fuck me.
we are giving mpbs one more round then switching to uc or coco.

M

mrdizzle

^^ Im going to post some pics tonight that will make you skip the UC altogether, the 4:1 perlite ratio has things jumping off in a serious way. Not as fast as the UC or MPB but I planned accordingly with my preveg and I couldnt be happier

Not saying that the MPB and the UC arent amazing systems. They both are, But there is nothing, nothing in the world,that can make up for loosing a harvest in a matter of a couple days.

B

Bobby Smith

So here it is I am designing a vertical grow for my future runs. I have a 12-plant legal limit and am using 600's. I need help with plant centers. Thinking about doing recirculating krusty buckets. Any help would be much appreciated.

I can't really help on the spacing that you're looking for (although I have some ideas), but I can give you some measurements I've taken off of 600s to give you an idea of lux at different distances.

Texas Kid ran a 4 600s in the corners / 1K in the center setup with his UC - maybe check out that thread?

If I were you, I'd be shooting for a finished distance of ~12-16" from the bulb (65-90L lux), so work backwards off of that.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

i am guessing that 36" would be a good starting point from the center of the plant to the bulb then

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You should also check out mrdizzle's trick on hanging your lights with solid core electrical wire. That way, you can bend it and move the light all over the place.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

sounds good. what do you guys think about a recirculating hempy bucket done krusty style with 2 5gallon buckets nested, an airstone underneath in the gap and the nutrient solution recirulating like every 30 min via top feed drip rings? this was my original idea as i stated in my first post and after reading dizzles thread i think i am gonna give it a whirl

sedate

sedate

Yea dizzle don't link to your thread or anything there are only like 10 different forums it could be under . . .

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Northone, whats your coco/perlite ratio? you using 1000W bulbs? looks exactly what I am aiming for but I am gonna do a recirculating krusty bucket

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

no i said recirc krusty buckets, top feed with the drain about an inch or so over the insert bucket and an airstone in between the gap. just gonna do this to control the ph and ppm of the entire system from my res. rather then hand watering. you girls look amazing. i am thinking about using my aliendawg for this run. its a super chunky yielder with a sweet funk smell to her! thanks for the input homie!

B

ballzdeep

Mr. GC
I know you said no 1k talk, but heres a way you can run them safely and efficiently on your 100 amp service. Run two rooms on a flip, so you can run thou-wows, it essential for vert. But really I would move if I was renting, or install at least a 200 amp if I owned the home. That being said you could do pretty well running a 16k flip on 12 plants, 2 rooms of 8k and 6 plants each on alternating cycles, that way your only consuming 40 amps at a time with lights, and about fifty with ventilation equipment depending on how your cooling. You just cant run the oven and the dryer at the same time. This way you can be safe and still get a nice yield. Growing dank is frankly pretty easy these days with strong genetics and a basic knowledge of the plethora of high quality nutes. Its all about yield, at least it is to me. By growing vert with only 600's youve lost the race before its begun, although using 600's to supplement is a great idea, and by supplement i mean at least a2:1 ratio of 1k:600w, if not 3:1. I would also strongly stress flexibility in spacing, maximize your electicity dollars and get those bulbs as close as possible and expand as the plants get bigger.

Top Bottom