Vertical Growth Question.

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

This is my unknown unreleased auto. My first auto. I have limited height in my veg tent where she lives. Because it's un known I don't know how tall she's gonna go. My question is this...can I slow down vertical growth? I don't think I can feed this lady as her soil is quite hot already. She was popped up on the 4th December.

Vertical growth question
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Dropping n and boosting p and keeping your day and night temps close always help

cannabeans

cannabeans

Lay the pot down sideways if she gets too tall. You can always prop it up slightly as well. Within a couple of days she will be headed towards the light. Stand her normal when you water, let drain, and lay her back down!

Hendrix

Hendrix

This is my unknown unreleased auto. My first auto. I have limited height in my veg tent where she lives. Because it's un known I don't know how tall she's gonna go. My question is this...can I slow down vertical growth? I don't think I can feed this lady as her soil is quite hot already. She was popped up on the 4th December.
When this happens, I gradually bend the top and grow the remaining of the plant horizontally, it takes care of the height issue and will grow more, fuller buds.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

When this happens, I gradually bend the top and grow the remaining of the plant horizontally, it takes care of the height issue and will grow more, fuller buds.

Thanks She looks so wonderful it's a shame to tip her over but I gotta do what I gotta do. I have some plant bends but she's too stiff at the top and I don't wanna snap her. I will do it slowly slowly.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I've noticed silica help reduce stretch as well but that's based on my observation and not scientific fact, if anyone has any more info on the matter feel free.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I've noticed silica help reduce stretch as well but that's based on my observation and not scientific fact, if anyone has any more info on the matter feel free.

Iv just got my osa28. It says only use from seedlings onwards for it to work? Am I too late? I bloody hope it works my current grow has touched the top of my tent. They aren't autos tho.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Iv just got my osa28. It says only use from seedlings onwards for it to work? Am I too late? I bloody hope it works my current grow has touched the top of my tent. They aren't autos tho.

I thought OSA 28 is supposed to be the fast acting silica is it not? Not just potassium silicate? My guess is it may not be as mobile I'm the plant. As a potassium salt potassium silicate moves readily throughout the plant as potassium is moved through transpiration though uptake of potassium silicate is not as good as the OSA28. Just a semi-educated guess.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I thought OSA 28 is supposed to be the fast acting silica is it not? Not just potassium silicate? My guess is it may not be as mobile I'm the plant. As a potassium salt potassium silicate moves readily throughout the plant as potassium is moved through transpiration though uptake of potassium silicate is not as good as the OSA28. Just a semi-educated guess.

Thanks for that info Arctic orange. It can't harm to give the auto some. My photo ones are getting it now in my veg tent as there only like 3 weeks into veg. Well...that's if I remember...I keep forgetting.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Thanks for that info Arctic orange. It can't harm to give the auto some. My photo ones are getting it now in my veg tent as there only like 3 weeks into veg. Well...that's if I remember...I keep forgetting.

No problem! Scientists have recently concluded that silica is the one essential micronutrient that is absolutely not harmful in excess so it can't hurt! Here's a good read on silica in plants.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759229/

FrankieCoste

FrankieCoste

Wow that's a beautiful plant right there!
How tall is she?
And what's the tallest you can let her grow given the space in your tent?
The 3 autos I am growing at the moment seem to grow a lot during weeks 3 and 4, and then growth slows down at the onset of week 5, and by week 6 they should all have stopped growing, if my understanding is correct.
It's probably a Sativa-dominant hybrid that you've got, right?
Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom