Vertical High Pressure Aeroponics - General question

• Thread starter Actuosity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Actuosity

Actuosity

Hello Everyone,

I recently was gifted an entire vertical high pressure aeroponics system.

The set up is:

Two 16 pod towers, approximately 46 inches tall .
They sit above the ground by about 20 inches beyond that.
The grow pods are 12 inches apart, 4 pods per side, and staggered so one hole on side A is aproximately12 inches diagonally from each other.
Essentially each pod has a 12 inch diameter from other pods, they themselves are 2 1/4 inch pods place at an upwards angle about 40 degrees.

My question is, what kind of feasibility does this have for Cannabis production?
With my allotted grow limit I could theoretically fill 24 pods.
Is there any difference to growing aeroponically for stage grow lengths,
What kind of lighting would you suggest for this type of setup.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sounds interesting. Trying to picture it, can you post a pic? Somehow there is a recirculating spray to the pods that is a mix of air and water? What was originally grown in it, or what was it intended for if new? I honestly don't seen anyone talking about cannabis flowering in aeroponics. Really just cloning is all I can think of.

In terms of your dimensions, sounds like it would work for smallish plants. Flip to flower early and keep them small. I'm assuming Aeroponics was similar yields to a RDWC Hydro setup.

What is the environment size and controls?

Actuosity

Actuosity

Sounds interesting. Trying to picture it, can you post a pic? Somehow there is a recirculating spray to the pods that is a mix of air and water? What was originally grown in it, or what was it intended for if new? I honestly don't seen anyone talking about cannabis flowering in aeroponics. Really just cloning is all I can think of.

In terms of your dimensions, sounds like it would work for smallish plants. Flip to flower early and keep them small. I'm assuming Aeroponics was similar yields to a RDWC Hydro setup.

What is the environment size and controls?
Environment is yet to be built, will make sure Its completed sealed and kept at appropriate temps / humidity levels.
It looks like it was a hobby construction that never saw full use. Ill post a picture when I get back home.

You essentially have a high pressure water tank connected to a water pump and reservoir that it also connected to solenoid valves that release sprays of high PSI mist nutrient solution directly on to roots suspended in asealed environment, the drainage is then filtered and returned to the system. You end up saving approximately 85% of your nutrient solution that would normally be waste run off and consumes like 1 - 2% the water of a normal growing solution.

Originally these systems were designed by NASA but hobbiests have been using them for years for gardening, herbs, leafy greens, tomatoes the like.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Environment is yet to be built, will make sure Its completed sealed and kept at appropriate temps / humidity levels.
It looks like it was a hobby construction that never saw full use. Ill post a picture when I get back home.

You essentially have a high pressure water tank connected to a water pump and reservoir that it also connected to solenoid valves that release sprays of high PSI mist nutrient solution directly on to roots suspended in asealed environment, the drainage is then filtered and returned to the system. You end up saving approximately 85% of your nutrient solution that would normally be waste run off and consumes like 1 - 2% the water of a normal growing solution.

Originally these systems were designed by NASA but hobbiests have been using them for years for gardening, herbs, leafy greens, tomatoes the like.
If they grow tomatoes in these you are probably good.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I recall seeing these in high times and skunk mag (maybe not your particular setup). They looked amazingly complex with the benefit of cutting production times down significantly due to reduced veg times and more direct exposure to lights, running a series of vertical bulbs through the center of the units. I'll see if I can dig up some old ads, the whole vertical farm thing has been on my mind a lot lately, and I suspect what you have is exactly what I've been wondering about.

Actuosity

Actuosity

I recall seeing these in high times and skunk mag (maybe not your particular setup). They looked amazingly complex with the benefit of cutting production times down significantly due to reduced veg times and more direct exposure to lights, running a series of vertical bulbs through the center of the units. I'll see if I can dig up some old ads, the whole vertical farm thing has been on my mind a lot lately, and I suspect what you have is exactly what I've been wondering about.
20210401 205617 HDR
20210401 205519
20210401 205348 HDR
20210401 205407 HDR
20210401 205451 HDR

Xebediah

Xebediah

Yeah, I'm jealous. I've been wanting to put together an aeroponic system for awhile and fully plan to someday. Keep us posted.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Lots of info here, been studying up on it myself. Im sitting on an acre and im legal :) Dont really wanna stink out the neighborhood though, im dead center of a small town lol. Im gonna keep the weed indoors on a small scale, but am interested in a biofloc-shrimp farm combined with a greenhouse aero grow. I can build it all for about 50k lol. . . . just doing my research to see if its something that I want to dedicate myself too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom